Chemical Technician, Research
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: January 25, 2023
United States of America
RC1: United Tech Research Center 411 Silver Lane, East Hartford,
CT, 06108 USA
Position Role Type:
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an Aerospace and Defense
company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial,
military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four
industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt &
Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space, and Raytheon Missiles &
Defense. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the
edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that
push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion,
directed energy, hypersonics, avionics, and cybersecurity. The
company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company
and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is
headquartered in Arlington, Virginia.
To realize our full potential, Raytheon Technologies is committed
to creating a company where all employees are respected, valued,
and supported in the pursuit of their goals. We know companies that
embrace diversity in all its forms not only deliver stronger
business results, but also become a force for good, fueling
stronger business performance and greater opportunity for
employees, partners, investors, and communities to succeed.
The following position is to join our Corporate or Research Center
Chemical Technician, Research
The Physical Sciences Department at the Raytheon Technologies
Research Center (RTRC) has an exciting opportunity for a Chemical
* The position will entail working with a dynamic interdisciplinary
team that develops chemical technology-based solutions for a large
spectrum of aerospace and defense product applications with
emphasis on sustainability.
* The candidate will be part of a team responsible for application
development and execution of test protocols to develop new "green"
processes and to assess the performance of advanced catalysts,
membranes, adsorbents, and coatings.
* The team is integral to many of the innovation research projects
* The team also works with the various business units of Raytheon
Technologies to solve technical challenges.
* Fabrication of complex, fully automated, test rigs, including
high temperature and pressure operation.
* Operation and maintenance of test rigs and laboratory
* Use of basic machine shop equipment (e.g., tack welder, grinders,
& drill presses).
* Use of typical chemistry laboratory equipment (e.g., pH meters,
balances, ovens, pipettes, & electrochemical measurements).
* Handling of hazardous chemicals and flammable and toxic
* Instrumentation and data acquisition configuration.
* Demonstrated experience with test instrumentation especially
related to flow, pressure, and temperature measurements and sensing
* Basic machine shop familiarity (milling, drill press, grinder,
* Mechanical fixtures or plumbing familiarity.
* Basic wiring and low voltage experience.
* Strong teamwork and communication skills are required.
* US Citizenship or Green Card holder is required.
* The preferred candidate will have a demonstrated knowledge of
fabrication and operation of complex test rigs involving
flammable/toxic gases and chemicals.
* Data acquisition systems and electrical systems experience would
* Soldering or welding skills background a plus.
* East Hartford, CT
* Relocation is not being offered for this position.
* AA/AS degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma,
Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post high school training
(two years duration) with a minimum of 8 years' experience
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, East Hartford , Chemical Technician, Research, Professions , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!