Senior Transportation Engineer
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Make a difference with your change - lead with ingenuity!
Lochner leads in providing planning, environmental, design,
construction engineering and inspection, and right of way services
for surface transportation, rail, transit, and aviation clients
across the United States. Our civil and structural engineers,
planners, environmental specialists, inspectors, and support
professionals are devoted to providing valuable professional
services that enhance people's lives through sustainable
* Client-Focused: We are collaborative and attentive to the unique
needs and goals of each project.
* Performance-Driven: We are problem solvers dedicated to
transforming transportation infrastructure challenges into
opportunities for innovation.
* Community-Minded: We are vested in the work we do as stewards of
public funds used to improve the communities we serve.
* Social Responsibility: We give back to our communities by
supporting various charitable organizations and causes.
* Professional Growth: We invest in programs to attract, retain,
and develop employees so Lochner becomes a long-term home for top
Our goals and strategies promote a diverse and inclusive workforce
that feels empowered to make a difference in the world. Our vision
is to create healthy and sustainable communities both within and
outside of our organization where current and future generations
Are you ready to join us?
* Apply knowledge of engineering to design roadway improvements,
streets, highways and interstates.
* Geometric design of roadways using CAD applications.
* Work with a dynamic team to complete project requirements.
* Perform and coordinate plan reviews to ensure accuracy and
quality of work.
* Perform work within project requirements and deadlines.
* Clearly communicate through drawings, documents, reports, and
* Participate in developing and maintaining project schedules,
plans development and production, quantity take-off and cost
estimates, and preparation of technical reports and
* B.S. degree in Civil Engineering.
* Professional License in CT or ability to obtain CT PE within one
year of hire.
* 4-12 years of experience in roadway design on transportation
* This role will support our East Hartford, CT office.
* Utility relocation and drainage design experience is a plus.
* Solid verbal and written communication skills.
* Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Experience using MicroStation, InRoads, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D
* Experience modeling roadway design with OpenRoads (V8i SS4) an
* Design Build Experience an asset
* Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
Aligning with our performance-driven nature, we offer competitive
salaries, performance-based incentives, and a variety of benefits
programs to address the diverse individual needs of our employees
and their families.
Lochner provides a comprehensive total rewards package that
* Paid Time Off and Flexible Holiday Program
* Competitive premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Company paid Disability (includes paid Maternity Leave), & Life
* Health Savings Accounts (HSA) with Employer Contribution
* Flex Spending Accounts (FSA) for Medical Expenses and/or
* Paid Family Leave
* 401(k) Retirement with Match
* Flexible Work Schedules (Hybrid or Remote, when possible)
* Wellness Program
* Lochner Cares Non-Profit 501c3
* Education & Training Assistance
* Employee Discounts
* Giving Back community service initiative
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and
outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment
is usually loud.
The physical requirements must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Intermittent
sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling,
twisting, stoop, crawl, and lifting. The employee must frequently
lift and/or move light equipment up to 20 pounds. Must be alert to
equipment in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous
equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground,
exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in
temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
Lochner celebrates diversity and are proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment
for all employees and applicants and will make all
employment-related decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
All positions at Lochner require an applicant who has accepted an
employment offer to undergo a background check. Background checks
include SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment
verification, a criminal check, search against global sanctions and
government watch lists, and drug test. All employment offers are
contingent upon successful results of the background check.
Keywords: Lochner, East Hartford , Senior Transportation Engineer, Professions , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!