Balance of Plant Engineer
Company: Quest Global
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Overview:Seeking an enthusiastic engineer to support the
development of clean energy technology. The Balance of Plant
Engineer is responsible for selection and maintenance of mechanical
components utilized within a fuel cell power plant.Primary
- Focus technical skills of the Mechanical Balance of Plant group
on hardware selection, customer component determination, component
modeling, building component test rigs, running performance tests,
- Root cause analysis regarding various resolution and ensure up
to date standard of work documentation.
- Generate component specifications from component-level
requirement documents, and review prior to formal pursuit.
- Share component specifications with potential suppliers to
identify suitable commercial off the shelf component availability
or develop suitable parts.
- Ensure new componentry has been validated and thoroughly
documented prior to production release.
- Support the development of suppliers to enable them to meet
technical, cost, and delivery targets.
- Work with supply chain to initiate, develop, and execute
component-related cost reductions.
- Seek continuous improvement of current hardware, systems, and
- Knowledge of technical componentry and process engineering
- Ability to develop and maintain effective supplier
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective computer skillsExperience:
- 2-5+ years with BS, 0-2+ years with MA - usually Chemical or
Mechanical Engineering DegreePhysical Requirements & Work
- Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core
(required) hours are 9 AM to 4 PM
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer
locations.The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Quest Global, East Hartford , Balance of Plant Engineer, Professions , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!