Assistant General Manager
Company: First Transit
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: June 14, 2022
First things First: Who are we? First Transit Inc. is a leading
provider of public transportation contracting and management
services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision,
efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and
private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations,
carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the
United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada. About the
Position The Assistant General Manager is responsible for all
transportation activities, including the dispatching of vehicles on
schedule, the oversight of the vehicles and operators while in
service, and processing and verifying operations payroll. First
Transit hires individuals who make safety and customer service
their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and
determination to succeed, we are looking for you! Major
- Coordinate the dispatching, in-service monitoring, and turn-in
activities involved in daily transit operations.
- Work with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that vehicles
dispatched are in proper working conditions.
- Prepare and verify operations payroll.
- Develop manpower requirements for Road Supervisors,
Dispatchers, Operators, and Service Personnel.
- Coordinate operations personnel selection, recruitment, and
training with the Safety Manager.
- Assist in developing procedure manuals for Dispatchers, Road
Supervisors, Operators, and Service personnel.
- Ensure accurate and timely collection and reporting of farebox
- Assist with preparation of annual budget
- Monitor and evaluate Operations' activities. Included in the
evaluation of activities are the following: Vehicle on-time
statistics, missed runs, revenue/cost data, total work hours, total
pay hours, customer compliant data, accident data, road call data,
other operations related functions
- Recommends and disciplines operations, and personnel.
- Minimum 5 years of transit operations experience, at least 3
years in a Paratransit environment.
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience Managing within a Union
environment is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft
Excel and Word.
- Must have evidence of building solid relationships with
supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Demonstrated ability to build and continuously motivate highly
- Successful track record in helping to manage budgets and/or
- Must be a self-starter able to obtain successful results
- Must have good communication skills. First for a Reason
Benefits We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary
based on role, location, and business), including physical and
mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
holiday/vacation. Diversity & Inclusion Because we're stronger
together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First.
We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working
environment for everyone every day. Professional Advancement Start
here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means
tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence
across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager
Program prepares future leaders at First Transit. Extensive
Training Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and
security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job
efficiency. Community Service & Impact Go where opportunity meets
community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As
the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your
community, you'll have a positive impact on others. We aspire to
have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and
retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Transit, East Hartford , Assistant General Manager, Professions , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!