Estimator II - Misc Metals
Company: United Steel Inc.
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: DOECome join the team at United Steel,
New England's largest fabricator and erector of structural steel
and miscellaneous metals! United Steel is currently seeking a
Miscellaneous Metals Estimator. The role of the Misc. Metals
Estimator is to support the needs of the sales staff. The majority
of time will be estimating Misc. Metals and related products. It
includes review of construction documents (plans and
specifications), making a material take -off, calculating Labor and
Material costs to develop an estimate and bid proposal. A
percentage of time for this role will require communication with
the customer and subcontractors in relation to each project is
bidding. This position qualifies for a $2,000.00 hiring bonus for
new hires or rehires!
- Hired or Rehired individual receives $500 after successful
completion of 60 days employment.
- Hired or Rehired individual receives another $500 after
successful completion of 90 days employment.
- Hired or Rehired individual receives the remaining $1,000 after
successful completion of 180 days employment.Please click or copy
the link below to complete a pre-hire survey. It must be completed
to be considered for the position. It will open in a separate
window. Applicants will not be considered until completing this
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews construction documents, Site, Architectural and
Structural Steel plans, specifications and understands scope of
work to bid.
- Works the entire life cycle of a bid from bid invitation to
finalizing bid proposal for submission to customer.
- Obtains pricing for materials and bids from
- Working knowledge of AESS finishes and workmanship.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss
and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Informs the immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies
or omissions in quoted items.
- Attends departmental meetings and customer scope reviews as
- Interfaces with others within the organization to obtain
support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- General knowledge misc. metals finishes.
- General understanding of misc. metals detailing, fabrication
- General understanding of material pricing various for various
- Executes take-offs of construction documents.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the
- High school diploma or GED diploma, or one (1) to twelve (12)
months of related experience or training, or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to read and understand design
- Strong attention to detail; ability to multitask and manage
- Proficient computer skills on Microsoft Word, Excel,
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work through bid
process; addressing customer needs and requests, and balancing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all
levels in the organization, Customers and Vendors; must be able to
deal with ambiguity and various changing requirements while
maintaining a professional attitude.
- Must have good oral and written skills.
- Basic math skills and technical writing skills required.
- 2+ years of Misc. Metals estimating experience. Required
CompetenciesCollaboration Skills; Ethical Conduct; Thoroughness;
Business Acumen; Communication Proficiency; Decision Making;
Initiative; Problem Solving/Analysis; Planning and Organizing; Time
Management We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, 401(k)
with company match, supplemental benefits and more. Please send
your resume and cover letter using the
link.https://www.unitedsteel.comSUPPORT IS OUR STRENGTHAn
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: United Steel Inc., East Hartford , Estimator II - Misc Metals, Professions , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!