Company: First Student
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: January 8, 2022
First things First: Who are we? Twice the size of our next largest
competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation
solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5
million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S.
airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the
industry's strongest safety record, First Student delivers
reliable, quality services including full-service transportation
and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization,
and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school
district contracts. About this position Benefits We offer
competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role,
location, and business), including physical and mental health
initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
- $29.81 hourly wages are based on experience & qualifications
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule, and consistent,
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment! At this First Student location, we
service, repair, and operate some really exciting diesel-powered
vehicles and equipment, serving CREC.
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Assist in accurately diagnosing and performing mechanical
repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drivetrains,
transmissions, and other repairs under direct supervision.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek supervisor
approval where required.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action is taken.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver's license required.
- 5+ years of automotive or diesel repair employment
experience or combination of education & experience.
- Advanced diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanic's toolset.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shifts.
- Be subject to a drug test. First for a Reason Professional
Advancement Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within
which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong
presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring
Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First
Transit. Extensive Training Build skills and knowledge in such
areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and
equipment, and job efficiency. Diversity & Inclusion Because we're
stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are
First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse
working environment for everyone every day. Community Service &
Impact Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at
the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First
Transit, and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have
a positive impact on others. About First America First America is
the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we
provide passenger transport and maintenance services to
municipalities, school districts, and the general public in the
U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in
Cincinnati, OH, and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200
locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces. Apply today and
get your career on the road with First Student! We aspire to have a
culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain
a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Student, East Hartford , Diesel Mechanic, Professions , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!