Market Operations Team Lead
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: September 14, 2023
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we are not salespeople. We have made
it our mission to create a hassle-free way for people to buy and
sell cars. We saw a huge problem with how much of a headache it is
to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to put
customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we have built a
no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our
customers time and money. Customers can search through thousands of
vehicles online, see full 360-degree views of both the interior and
exterior of the vehicles before deciding to go through the
purchasing process. Our Customer Advocates will then either deliver
the purchased vehicle to our customer's driveway using one of our
kick-ass one car haulers, or they will meet our customers at one of
our amazing coin-operated Vending Machines.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at
our company introduction video .
About the team and position
Carvana's Market Operation department is known for its
team-oriented, fast-paced environment. We hire bright people who
are willing to roll up their sleeves, step in wherever needed,
mentor and develop team members, and assume additional
responsibilities as needed while juggling multiple projects. Don't
forget to bring your personality! We thrive from each unique
perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
The Team Lead, in our Market Operations group, is responsible for
running the local Carvana hub and everything that comes with it,
including (but not limited to); market launch, operations,
logistics, consumer branding, team engagement and effectiveness
and, of course, the market's ongoing success. We are looking for
someone who is a big picture thinker with the ability to manage the
employee and customer experience. A Team Lead not only crushes
daily operations, but they have the savvy to assess business trends
and proactively create solutions to potential roadblocks. We need a
strong people leader, as a Team Lead works closely with a team of
extremely talented Customer Advocates and is responsible for
providing vision and development opportunities.
What you'll be Doing
- Be a continuous positive force within the market and create
strong morale and spirit throughout the team.
- Help interview, select, onboard and train a team of Customer
Advocates and provide the tools, resources and guidance they need
to be successful. Employee development is an essential part of this
- Actively develop a team of Customer Advocates by providing
feedback, conducting performance check-ins, and setting goals to
improve performance and skill set.
- Recognize and reinforce individual and team accomplishments by
using existing organizational tools and programs as well as by
finding new, creative and effective methods of recognition.
- Generate and monitor regular reports like a boss and presenting
to upper management also like a boss.
- Be the go to expert for your team. You're always ready to jump
in alongside an Advocate to wash cars or jump into our kick-ass
single-car hauler and deliver cars to our customers while providing
a stellar customer experience.
- Drive production in a fast-paced customer service environment
and keep every detail of your market operating like a well oiled
- Actively look for ways to improve the overall customer and
Advocate team experience.
- Address and effectively manage complex and sensitive
customer-facing issues. What you should have
- 5+ years work experience in a customer facing team
- 3+ years of management experience
- Proven history of developing and coaching employees
- Prior experience with strategic planning, process improvement,
and guiding teams to exceed goals
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems with varying complexity
while maintaining focus on the customer experience
- Willingness to work on weekends
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly
growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the
company evolves It would be great if you also had
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with Salesforce or Tableau
- An analytical mind
- Experience handling logistics What we'll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts
on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both
physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your
knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up
atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic
requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand
- The ability to walk/stand and sustain physical activity for
extended periods of time (8+ hours).
- Requires high and low levels of movement with the ability to
reach with arms, twist, kneel, crouch, climb, balance, and squat.
- Requires the grasping, carrying, lifting, pushing, and pulling
of items up to 50lbs.
- Frequent driving requires excellent visual activity and manual
- Requires to work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be able to stay in stationary potions for extended periods
of time (when driving) up to 3 hours at a time.
- Frequently communicates with customers and must be able to
exchange accurate information. Of course, we'll make any reasonable
accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This
role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or
physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic
information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based
on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: Carvana, East Hartford , Market Operations Team Lead, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!