Supv - Maps & Records
Company: Iberdrola Group
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Supervises, manages, and oversees the daily operation and activities of the GIS Mapping and Records group to ensure accurate, timely, and efficient editing and processing of the GIS data, Document and SAP data. Responsible for monitoring GIS interfaces/processes and for resolving process/system related issues. Provide guidance to individuals and groups on best practices related to the GIS data and processes. Accountable for the performance of direct reports and temporary/contracted resources when applicable. Initiates and facilitates departmental and inter-departmental teams and meetings to identify and address gaps in data and/or processes. Develops training material and solutions based on analysis and metrics. Develops plans and sets priorities for successful achievement of departmental and organizational goals. Establishes measures and metrics aligned with departmental objectives and deliverables.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
1. Provide support and guidance for the administration and the configuration of the GIS system, including providing the support and guidance for training people in newer gas GIS technologies. 10%
2. Ensure the processing of the GIS data is timely and accurate and in compliance with the rules set by: Connecticut's Regulatory agency. 30%
3. Ensure the processing of As-built Documentation and Sap Data is timely and accurate. 30%
4. Responsible for planning and assigning the necessary people and resources to complete projects on schedule, within budget, and that meet and/or exceed internal customer needs. 20%
5. Responsible to work with Information Technology to plan, coordinate, and implement software upgrades of the GIS software. Responsible for the research, purchase, and learning of new GPS equipment and GIS software. 10%
Skills and Requirements
Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience, preferred. Associates Degree with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience or High School Diploma/GED required with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
---Experience and knowledge of the principles and capabilities of geographical information systems (GIS) to maintain the electric and gas equipment/infrastructure systems. Supervisory and ESRI experience preferred.
---Ability to read and interpret as-built designs to perform the appropriate updates in the GIS system. Working knowledge of engineering and construction policies and
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com
Keywords: Iberdrola Group, East Hartford , Supv - Maps & Records, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
here to apply!