Company: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: January 23, 2023
This role is a multidisciplinary Quality Engineer with a focus
on internal quality. Key focus areas include Quality Clinic (MRB -
Material Review Board), statistical process capability studies,
root cause trends and corrective actions. The ideal candidate will
have a toolkit of industry best practices from experience, and the
ambition to drive change and results. A data-driven or statistical
mindset will be change agent.Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead Quality Clinic / Material Review Board (MRB) activities.
Conduct analysis that drives root cause and corrective actions
using problem solving tools.
- Sort and analyze new inbound non-conforming parts against
historical data, seeking trends and driving elimination of systemic
- Leverage manufacturing software (EPICOR) to manage data,
publish metrics, and keep the business informed.
- Conduct statistical capabilities studies of key manufacturing
processes, machinery, operators, gages, and other sources of
variation. Utilize statistical data to make process improvements,
minimize variability, create predicable outcomes, or
reduce/eliminate inspection sampling plans.
- Collaborate with Customer Quality engineers, performing the
needed statistical first article (sFAI) reports, process
capabilities, measure system analysis (MSA) or gage R&R studies
needed for new part introduction or PPAP requirements. Provide
feedback to control plans and reaction plans.
- Support and participate in all audits - internal process,
supplier, industry, or customer.Requirements:
- Degree in engineering/technical discipline or 5-year
progressive career in quality/inspection. Minimum of 3 years'
experience in at the quality engineering level role or
- Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent work experience with strong
knowledge of commonly used statistical decision making or
monitoring analysis such as SPC (Statistical process control),
control charts, process capability index (Cp, Cpk), variable and
attribute data, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, ANOVA,
regression models, etc.
- Strong knowledge of quality engineering tools and techniques
for problem solving, data analysis, and procedures such as 5 Why's,
8D, DMIAC, DIVE, PDCA, fault tree, fishbone, etc.
- Adept at identify process gaps, removing systematic issues, and
building new processes leverage statistics, enterprise systems,
data, and metrics.
- High tendency for robust document control methods, and
willingness and experience to write professional data-centric
reports and technical documents.
- Can read interpret engineering drawings and GD&T on
blueprints. Comfortable with inspection of parts desirable, using
hand tools such as micrometers, verniers, optical comparators.
- Experience with a enterprise manufacturing systems required,
EPCIOR a plus.
- Advance knowledge Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
to conduct statistical analysis. Use of Minitab or other software
nice-to-have as long there is understanding of the mathematics
behind the equationPhysical Requirements:
- The employee is required to stand for extended periods of
- Ability to lift 40 pounds frequently
- Stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb on an occasional basis
Keywords: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co, East Hartford , Quality Engineer, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!