Senior Quality Inspector (Aerospace/Precision Manufacturing)
Company: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: January 20, 2023
The Senior Quality Inspector is primarily responsible for
inspecting and recording dimensions of aerospace components.
Ensuring product and certification conformance to blueprint and
customer specifications.Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform full inspections; ability to conduct first piece
- Inspect and record dimensions per process sheets, inspection
reports, blueprints and any other applicable documentation.
- Review process certifications.
- Visual and dimensional inspection.
- Utilize appropriate micrometers, calipers, gages and other
inspection equipment as required.
- Work to resolve customer issues.
- Work with internal teams to resolve any technical issues.
- Ability to work both independently, utilizing good judgement
and as a team.Requirements:
- A.S. degree in related engineering or technical discipline or
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- DSQR/DQR preferred
- Experience with GE Aviation, Raytheon Technologies (Collins
Aerospace/Pratt & Whitney Aircraft), and other aerospace OEM
customers is required.
- Understanding of First Article Inspection Reports (FAI) and
Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) reports. ECAV reports and
- Familiar with major customer supplier portals including GE
Aviation and Raytheon Technologies.
- Familiar with Flight Safety and other critical component
processes including ESA, VSE, SPS.
- Strong information technology skills especially related to
inspection measuring and test equipment, digital gaging, and
- Familiarity with export compliance requirements including DFAR
and ITAR.Physical Requirements:
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time
- Ability to push/pull up to 50 lbs
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to bend at waist and reach PI201499770
Keywords: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co, East Hartford , Senior Quality Inspector (Aerospace/Precision Manufacturing), Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!