Quality Engineer - Aerospace/Manufacturing
Company: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: November 23, 2022
This role will model the way for Quality Engineering department.
With a focus on customer quality, this role will be personally
involved to ensure the highest levels of quality is delivered to
our customer. Additionally, they will shape the systems and
processes that create sustainable solutions for product quality and
data integrity of historical issues/trends. The ideal candidate
will have a toolkit of industry best practices from experience, and
the ambition to drive change and results.Major Areas of
- Develop best practices for quality department to manage
customers returns/ complaints, internal non-conformances, and
- Author procedures, train organization and maintain proper
document control techniques.
- Manage and organize historical data from non-conforming parts,
customer returns, vendor escapes and internal turnback's. Leverage
manufacturing software (EPICOR) to manage data, publish metrics,
predict trends, and remove systemic issues.
- Lead Quality Clinic / Material Review Board (MRB)
- Conduct analysis of internal and external nonconforming parts,
and drive root cause and corrective actions using problem solving
- Represent Horst on customer emails/calls, and present findings
via written reports, presentations, or portal uploads.
- Ensure compliance to industry and customer requirements through
engineering and contract reviews, as well as internal policies and
- Share and train knowledge to Jr. QE and DQRs
- Support and participate in all audits - industry, customer and
- Degree in engineering/technical discipline or 5-year
progressive career in quality/inspection.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an engineering level role or
- Experience ensuring product is compliant with customer and
industry specifications, with expert knowledge of reading and
interpreting technical information such as contracts, engineering
drawings, operation sheets, special process methods, test
procedures, procurement documents, quality manuals, and other data
pertaining to aerospace components.
- High comfort with aerospace regulations governed by AS9100,
with preference for customer requirements derived from ASQR-01 and
- Adept at identify process gaps, removing systematic issues, and
building new processes leverage enterprise systems, data, and
- High tendency for robust document control methods, and
willingness to build procedures and training aids to help the
company learn and improve.
- Strong knowledge of quality engineering tools and techniques
for problem solving, data analysis, and procedures such as 5 Why's,
8D, DMIAC, DIVE, PDCA, fault tree, fishbone, etc.
- Ability to validate inspections, interpret GD&T
- Experience with enterprise manufacturing systems required,
EPCIOR a plus.
- Advance knowledge Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
- Willingness to write professional reports and technical
- The employee is required to stand for extended periods of
- Ability to lift 40 pounds frequently
- Stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb on an occasional basis
Keywords: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co, East Hartford , Quality Engineer - Aerospace/Manufacturing, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!