Data Scientist - REMOTE
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: November 22, 2022
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118
Position Role Type:
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of
flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the
world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within,
we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent
takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort
zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into
a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your
drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an
industry that's evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we
believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a
foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we
accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize,
sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our
employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust,
respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every
day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
We are seeking a highly motivated individual contributor to help us
solve complex problems. The Data Scientist role, is within the
Enterprise Analytics and will push technology boundaries and drive
innovation by providing product ownership and technical expertise
in a collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment.
This position will provide the unique opportunity to operate within
multiple data science domains in a startup-like environment within
a Fortune 50 company. Together we aim to achieve new levels of
productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new
sources of growth for our customers.
* Work on a team of Data Scientists and Machine Learning
* Communicate with business unit stakeholders to understand
challenges and opportunities.
* Prioritize software features that accelerate data driven insights
to generate quantifiable outcomes.
* Incorporate newly developed technologies and algorithms into
reusable components that can be distributed across the
* Apply data science and software engineering best practices.
* Facilitate the timely delivery of software through continuous
* Participate in a culture of curiosity and continuous
* 4+ years of experience with statistics / analytics / data science
/ machine learning.
* Must have experience writing production-grade code (Python, R,
* Must have experience with data pipelines: ETL, feature
engineering, dimensionality reduction, model deployment, automated
* Experience partnering across multiple disciplines to achieve
* Experience managing stakeholder expectations in milestone-driven
* Preferably some experience with Databricks, S3, Spark EMR,
* Bachelor's degree in a related discipline, with 5+ years of
relevant experience OR an advanced degree with 3+ years of relevant
* U.S. Citizenship required.
* Excellent collaboration skills in hybrid / remote
* Excellent organizational, presentation and communication
* Flexible personality to work well in rapidly evolving org / team
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also
transforming how and where we work. We've introduced role types to
help you understand how you will operate in our blended work
environment. This role is:
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work
primarily offsite (from home).
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status
throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles,
commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee's personal
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, East Hartford , Data Scientist - REMOTE, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!