Powerhouse Maintenance Engineer
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: November 22, 2022
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118
Powerhouse Maintenance Engineer
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of
flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the
world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within,
we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent
takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort
zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into
a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your
drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an
industry that's evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we
believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a
foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we
accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize,
sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our
employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust,
respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every
day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
* Serve as the mechanical technical lead for the Powerhouse
projects team, complete mechanical designs independently and
oversee engineering firms throughout the project life cycle
* Develop and define project technical specifications with the
* Apply mechanical theory and related knowledge in the design,
testing, and troubleshooting of operational utility systems and
* Ability to read and interpret Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams
(P&IDs) and control schematics
* Takes ownership of equipment, systems, and processes becoming a
subject matter expert for troubleshooting and presenting
improvements to sustain operations
* Identify system upgrades and lead scope, cost estimate, budget,
and ROI analysis to justify capital allocation to management
* Manage equipment records and assures current data are loaded in
SAP (PM module), and technical library: BOMs, Drawings, SOP's,
* Coordinate and assist in preventative maintenance and repairs
involving basic electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems.
* Participates in outage planning activities such as work scope
identification, scheduling, coordination, risk assessment,
execution and continuous improvement.
* Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment by
implementing engineering controls to mitigate risk, issuing near
miss reports, and promoting safety within the workplace
* Responsible for performing work in accordance with internal SOPs
and Good Engineering Practices, and ensuring compliance with all
applicable State and Federal regulations and codes
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact
within an operations and/or project teams
* Possesses excellent verbal and technical writing communication
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years prior
relevant experience or a Masters in related field and minimum of 3
years' experience in facility maintenance and a strong knowledge of
various mechanical, chemical, and electrical building systems.
* US Citizenship required due to government contracts
* Strong knowledge of Powerhouse systems and equipment
* Ability to read and interpret vendor manuals and drawings and to
perform internet searches and research.
* Ability to work with and effectively communicate with all levels
of management, union, and vendor personnel.
* Ability to encourage teamwork, participation, and individual
* Experience with CMMS systems including creating of maintenance
plans, performance reporting, and data analysis.
* Bachelor's and/or advanced degree in Mechanical, Chemical
Engineering, Marine Engineering, Facility Management or equivalent
experience in a technical field.
* Experience with SCADA, PLC, SAP, Excel, Microsoft Office, MS
* Strong power plant CHP maintenance and operations experience
* Operational knowledge of gas and steam turbines, stationary
boilers, industrial compressors
* CT OE-2 or other state license for boiler operation or ability to
gain one in 60 days of employment
* Possess outstanding people and interpersonal skills.
* Strong written & verbal communication skills
* Analytical Skills
* Creative troubleshooting skills
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also
transforming how and where we work. We've introduced role types to
help you understand how you will operate in our blended work
environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work
primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance
workers, as they are essential to the development of our
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status
throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles,
commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee's personal
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, East Hartford , Powerhouse Maintenance Engineer, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!