2nd Shift Lead
Company: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: November 14, 2022
The 2nd Shift Lead will direct the activities of the Turning
team members and will be responsible for scheduling their daily
work for and meeting weekly production KPI's (metrics). Major Areas
- Lead the 2nd Shift team, mentor, and motivate team members,
ensuring individual and group productivity.
- Act as communications hub for the team, disseminating pertinent
and timely information.
- Schedule routine production functions, as well as special
production needs and preventive maintenance of machines.
- Monitor production flow, using data indicators to schedule
workload, ensuring output meets customer timelines.
- Maintain and improve production efficiency, initiate, and
implement continuous improvement projects, train team members, and
work with manufacturing engineering to implement new
- Perform hands-on setup and operation of machines
- Troubleshoot the work of your team members.
- Assume responsibility for quality output as a participant in
administering the company's Quality Management System.
- Implement lean manufacturing practices. Requirements
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a team leader or hands-on
- Minimum 7 years' experience in fast paced, highly precision,
contract manufacturing operation.
- Proven supervisory, verbal communications and interpersonal
- Time management, scheduling, and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make effective decisions in an expedient manner
while maintaining extremely high-quality standards.
- Strong PC skills (Windows, Outlook, and Excel)
- ERP experience (e.g., Epicor) is a plus.
- CAM Programming skills (e.g., Partmaker, Mastecam) are a
- Ability to appropriately prioritize resources based upon
- Knowledge of lean enterprise. Physical Requirements
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
Keywords: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co, East Hartford , 2nd Shift Lead, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!