Feature Producer I
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: September 16, 2022
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're
always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and
wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest
technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your
team, every day is extraordinary. Proven and effective contributor
to shows and production units as assigned by Producers and
Coordinating Producers. Demonstrates superior creativity in
assembling production elements including teases and features.
Develops and produces show segments and stories using non-linear
editing systems. Responsibilities
- Produces short-form and long-form feature stories and profiles
across platforms such as SportsCenter, SC Featured, College
Gameday, NFL Countdown, NBA Countdown, ESPN+, etc.
- Generates, researches and pitches content/story ideas;
determines the content, writing, editing style and
storyline/narrative of features; arranges for talent, graphics,
animation, equipment and crews; identifies storylines for
narrative; writes script; oversees feature "shoots"; oversees
editing to achieve the desired story arc and high-end
- Plans and directs the work of freelance production personnel
and freelance technicians during feature story productions. Ability
to shoot/edit and knowledge of innovations in technology with
cameras and edit is a plus.
- Presents work for review to the responsible Vice President,
Coordinating Producer or Senior Managing Producer at regular
intervals and milestones.
- Develops concepts and content for feature stories to reach
viewers and increase ESPN's market penetration, television ratings,
digital viewership, and social media reach.
- Participates in decisions regarding the full scope of creative,
content, production and cost/benefit decisions for assigned feature
stories and profiles.
- Recommendations and decisions are subject to general review and
are guided by the defined objectives and outcomes of assigned
- Pushes the envelope creatively while working within confines of
budget restrictions of particular feature or show.
- Works independently without Talent when necessary or desired,
conducting in-depth interviews and with well-written scripts.
- Embraces and seeks knowledge of multi-platform content
integration (digital/social media) and technological advances in
field and post production.
- Actively maximizes cross-platform potential of feature
- Researches sports information and utilizes information
resources in support of productions and to ensure accuracy.
- Values the VTL and digital archive systems and proactively
works to ensure important material is preserved in these systems.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively complex related production
experience with advanced prior experience reporting and producing
- Has an ability to identify, create and write compelling feature
stories and profiles, executing high-end video production from
concept to completion.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment to turn
feature stories around quickly for air. -
- Understands what content is compelling and relevant to shows,
and actively suggests appropriate ideas.
- Has strong research, reportorial/journalistic and storytelling
- Has strong communication and writing skills.
- Proven ability to supervise effectively camera crews and
editors; has demonstrated high-end, cinematic production skills
with shooting, editing, audio/music, etc.
- Has budget and resource management skills.
- Specific knowledge of television production technique used in
digital and social media.
- Frequent travel to news gathering sights; availability to work
- Demonstrated proficiency of working independently and
- Use of various computer programs, including video editing
programs and Photoshop, Microsoft Outlook, ENPS, NCS, various inter
and intranet sites. Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience using non-linear edit software
such as Avid and Adobe Premiere and able to produce rough cuts of
segments for preliminary screening.
- Preference given to candidates with strong editing background,
who can edit, color-correct, and provide final audio mix. Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent Preferred Education
- A College or Technical School degree in communications,
electronics, television production or related field is
Keywords: ESPN, East Hartford , Feature Producer I, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!