Location: East Hartford
Posted on: September 16, 2022
HyAxiom Inc., A Doosan Company (formerly Doosan Fuel Cell America,
Inc.) is a global leader in clean energy solutions that is founded
on the strength of the people and technology developed at United
Technologies over the past fifty years, paired with the
unparalleled support from the Doosan Group, our parent company. We
are committed to advancing a hydrogen-led future of clean and
sustainable energy in the United States and elsewhere around the
world. Come join our Team!
The Buyer - Purchasing & Commodity Management position will provide
essential support and leadership in the procurement of materials
and supplies for manufacturing operations, while meeting all cost,
quality and timeline requirements. While placing purchase orders,
The Buyer will drive supplier focus, with a strong attention to
building and maintaining supplier relations. A most successful
Buyer will be self-motivated to engage in timely and efficient
transactional work, with effective cross-functional partnership,
communication, and follow-up to achieve critical deadlines and
Role & Responsibility
* Lead negotiations with vendors for successful acquisition of
materials to support operations.
* Collaborate cross-functionally as a primary partner to the
manufacturing operation to maintain open lines of communication and
understanding on timelines and build schedules to guide supply
chain activities efficiently.
* Accountable for maintaining accurate and timely delivery of parts
and components through managing supplier relations.
* Understand material specifications and quality metrics pertaining
* Ability to identify, address and resolve supply chain concerns,
delays, or inefficiencies to bridge operational gaps.
* Manage multiple priorities and deadlines, while setting and
maintaining clear expectations with suppliers.
* Influence, support and advise fellow Buyers on supply chain
efforts, practices and strategy as needed
* Control supplier relations to positively impact contract term and
* Track and evaluate supplier performance for optimal contract
Job Requirement - Education & Experience
* BA/BS degree with 3+ years of experience or MA/MS degree with 1+
years of experience
* Certifications such as CPSM, CPIM and CSCP, and APICS a plus
* Experience within a technology manufacturing environment strongly
* Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles and
practices for SCM
* Development of strong and trusting working relationships
* Minimize shortages with analytical focus on process improvement
and cost reduction
* Focused support for budget achievement within areas of
* Capable of working independently with excellent communication,
* Ability to support, develop and motivate others
* Proficient with MS Office software
Nearest Major Market: Hartford
Keywords: Doosan, East Hartford , Buyer, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!