Workers Compensation Claims Supervisor
Company: Gallagher Bassett NZ Ltd
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: September 14, 2022
Gallagher Bassett is the premier provider of global claims
services, dedicated to exceptional customer service and
demonstrably superior outcomes. GB helps people, teams and
businesses overcome adversity and loss through the guiding
expertise of over 5,000 claims professionals, all committed to
going beyond expectations in the continuous pursuit of a better
Under moderate management, supervises a team of claims adjusters.
Actively drives adjuster hiring and leads adjuster training.
Actively manages assigned adjuster workloads and performance.
Participates in compliance and best practice reporting.
Demonstrates a thorough understanding of corporate policies and
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Uses various metric driven tools such as FOCUS, the Claim
Operation Tool Kit to evaluate performance and identify problem
areas in advance of them becoming service issues.
* Reviews findings with manager to jointly develop a plan for
* Defines team goals and communicates those goals to assigned
staff. Motivates people to perform at the highest level.
* Ensures receipt and maintenance of appropriate licenses and/or
certifications for themselves and all assigned staff for all states
in which states are being handled.
* Communicates with clients, carriers and brokers in a
professional, positive and proactive manner.
* Works collaboratively across all internal departments.
* High school diploma.
* 10 or more years related claim experience required.
* Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which
claims are being handled.
* Knowledge of all team member related functions.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* Connecticut jurisdictional experience
* CT Workers Compensation or All Lines Casualty Adjusters
* Requires exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ensures flawless and consistent execution of client service
instructions and performance guarantees
* Ability to actively review work of others via file reviews;
identify coaching opportunities, act on needed coaching
opportunities and position subordinates for successful development
leading to advancement within the organization.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV
online to be considered
* Are you 18 years of age or older or can you demonstrate legal
capacity to enter a contract?
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any
offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion
of a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United
States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S.
citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary
residents. Temporary residence does not include those with
non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as
students in practical training status. Exceptions to these
requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified
candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of
* Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or
Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among
other things, post-employment obligations relating to
non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including:
medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K),
employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement,
employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability
varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift
program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal
employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor
any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national
origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran
status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived
sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal
employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the
employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to,
recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion,
compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition,
Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or
mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a
disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business.
Keywords: Gallagher Bassett NZ Ltd, East Hartford , Workers Compensation Claims Supervisor, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!