Swiss Trainer/Set-Up Operator
Company: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Summary:We are seeking an experienced Swiss Set-Up Operator
who is excited about training others. The right candidate will have
demonstrated an ability to work independently and train others on
Swiss. Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Working from blueprints, operation sheets, travelers or
specifications, set-ups and completes the machining operations to
produce a quality part.
- Checks to make sure that the material to be used meets all
specifications. Obtains bar stock or material from a staging
- Performs complex set-ups of own work or for others.
- Makes all required adjustments to the machinery. Obtains
tooling, gages, inserts and all other equipment needed to complete
the set-up and brings up the program. Edits the program as
- Assists other Operators or Set-up/Operators with set-up or
production problems and helps to train other set-up/operators.
- Ensures that all manufactured parts are in full compliance to
quality standards. Performs visual inspections (part relationship
to operation sheet/blueprint configuration) on all parts produced
and performs actual dimensional verification using measuring
instruments as per the guidelines established by the department or
the Quality Assurance Department.
- Replaces all worn or damaged tooling as necessary.
- Verifies and records actual part count, both prior to and upon
completion of all work.
- Performs all routine maintenance on the equipment and maintains
all fluid levels. Keeps the equipment and work area clean and
- Returns excess bar stock or material to the staging area.
- Moves the finished work to an assigned area. Enters all work
performed in the database and documents all scrap. Notifies lead
person or supervisor of any parts shortages or machining
- Packs and washes/preserves parts as needed.
- Performs other machining and assembly operations as needed
- Interacts with associates from all departments.
- Performs other related duties as required.Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Must be able to read and write comments, understand operation
sheets/blueprints, specifications, and all applicable
- Must be able to read and edit CNC Programs
- Five plus years of increasingly diverse experience with CNC
Swiss Machines in either a machine shop or CNC machining
environment. Technical school training for CNC Machining a plus.
- Push/Pull up to 40 lbs
- Bend at knees
- Stand for long periods of time 1st Shift - 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM2nd
Shift - 3:15 PM - 12:45 AMPI185792384
Keywords: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co, East Hartford , Swiss Trainer/Set-Up Operator, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!