Thread Rolling Set-up Operator
Company: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Sets-up and operates Thread Rolling equipment to produce highly
precision component parts that meet all quality standards for
aerospace machining. Areas of Responsibility:
- Working from blueprints, operation sheets, travelers or other
specifications, set-ups and completes all the machining operations
to produce a quality part.
- Checks to make sure that the material to be used meets all
specifications. Obtains parts or material from a staging area.
- Performs complex set-ups of own work or for others.
- Makes all required adjustments to the machinery. Obtains dies,
tooling, gages, inserts and all other equipment needed to complete
- Assists other Operators or Set-up/Operators with set-up or
production problems and helps to train other set-up/operators.
- Performs all Thread Rolling manufacturing operations as well as
all grinding operations as needed.
- Insures that all manufactured parts are in full compliance to
quality standards. Performs visual inspections (part relationship
to operation sheet/blueprint configuration) on all parts produced
and performs actual dimensional verification using measuring
instruments as per the guidelines established by the customer, the
department or the Quality Assurance Department.
- Replaces all worn or damaged tooling as necessary.
- Verifies and records actual part count, both prior to and upon
completion of all work.
- Performs all routine maintenance on the equipment and maintains
all fluid levels. Keeps the equipment and work area clean and
- Returns excess parts or material to the staging area.
- Moves the finished work to an assigned area. Enters all work
performed in the database and documents all scrap. Notifies
department coordinator or supervisor of any parts shortages or
machining problems/difficulties. Other responsibilities:
- Packs and washes/preserves parts as needed.
- Performs other machining and assembly operations as needed
- Interacts with associates from all departments.
- Performs other related duties as required. Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of experience with working on and setting
up Thread Rollers.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Understanding of operation sheets/blueprints,
Keywords: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co, East Hartford , Thread Rolling Set-up Operator, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!