Design Researcher - REMOTE
Company: Pratt & Whitney
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future
of flight-designing, building, and servicing engines unlike any the
world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within,
we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.In
addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also
transforming how and where we work. Pratt & Whitney is laser
focused on offering flexibility to our employees. We've introduced
role types (Onsite, Hybrid, or Remote) and now list them in the job
posting title so candidates know where they will operate in our
blended work environment. * Please consider the following role type
definitions as you apply for this role.Onsite: Employees who are
working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes
all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to
the development of our engines.Hybrid: Employees who are working in
Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite.Remote:
Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily
offsite (from home).Come ready to explore and you'll find a place
where your talent takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a
country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment
and we'll welcome you into a tightknit team that takes our mission
personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an
organization and an industry that's evolving fast to the
future.Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just
look up.Are you ready to go beyond?
- Note: Hybrid and Remote roles at many of our sites are
currently working from home because of COVID-19 protocols.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status
throughout the recruiting process.
We are seeking an experienced Design Researcher to help define and
design the next generation of Pratt & Whitney digital applications,
products and services.As a member of our cross-functional team, you
will contribute to a mix of strategy and research efforts, in
partnership with our Design Strategy and Research Leads.This
position reports within the Digital Product Management
Organization. The successful candidate will be highly
collaborative, technically savvy, and passionate about delivering
impactful user experiences to external and internal customers.If
you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the
motivation and skills to incorporate new ideas into practice, this
may be an opportunity for you.Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate cross-functionally on a team of designers, product
managers, engineers, data scientists, and project managers.
- Structure and scope research - turning complex questions into
actionable research plans for cross-disciplinary teams.
- Design and facilitate a variety of primary and secondary
research activities, including quantitative and qualitative
- Analyze or synthesize research findings, find patterns, and
inform insights that will inspire new product development.
- Create key design strategy and research outputs - from survey
analysis, and customer segmentation, to competitive audits and
- Communicate findings by developing personas, defining insights
and creating compelling actionable recommendations that galvanize
- Develop continuous customer feedback strategies and advise
product teams on establishing that capability to ongoing product
- Structure, prepare, and lead creative and strategic
- BA/BS degree with 5+ years of related experience. OR Master's
degree with 3+ years of related experience.
- US Citizenship required due to government contract.Preferred
- BA/BS/MS degree in Design, Design Research, HCI, Psychology, or
related experience. Having worked at a design consulting firm, or
- Ability to demonstrate experience through past work examples /
- Interest and/or experience in Aerospace industry.
- Experience with quantitative methods and analysis.
- Experience designing, participating in and applying
human-centered user research.
- Ability to convey ideas through clear writing, sketches, and/or
- Comfort collaborating with cross-functional teams and working
under tight deadlines.
- Expertise of presentation tools, such as PowerPoint, and
familiarity with digital design tools, such as Sketch, Adobe XD and
Figma et al.
- Must be articulate, organized, and hard-working.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and cool under
- Must be a self-starter that can lead small teams with minimal
oversight.Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
Keywords: Pratt & Whitney, East Hartford , Design Researcher - REMOTE, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!