Claims Hearing Specialist - East Hartford, CT
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: May 12, 2022
At Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc. (GB) we are constantly
seeking skilled professionals who are up for a challenge and take
exceptional performance to heart. The professionals we hire help us
maintain our reputation as one of the most progressive
property/casualty third party claims service organizations in our
industry and throughout the world. Gallagher Bassett provides
services to Fortune 1000 companies throughout 100 offices
worldwide. For the past several years GB has ranked among the
largest TPA's by Business Insurance Magazine and was also a
recipient of the Business Insurance Readers' Choice award for "Best
Third Party Claims Administrator." If you're looking for a
professional career with an industry leader then you have come to
the right place. Wherever your interests lie, we're sure you will
agree on one thing: our continued prosperity hinges on our greatest
resource --- our people. Position Summary:
- Responsible for presenting informal claim hearing cases at
Worker's Compensation Commission offices.
- Makes recommendations for disposition and settlement of claims
with minimal supervision.
- Reviews files prior to attending the hearings, meets with the
assigned adjuster and/or supervisor to understand all issues and
the recommendation of the handling adjuster.
- Serves as a resource for employees in the branch as to the
legal/hearing process, the reserving of files in various districts
and is a back up for the supervisor as requested and needed.
- Files reports as to results of the hearing process, follows up
to ensure timely compliance with the Commissioner's recommendations
and works with the Attorney General's office in the event a case
escalates beyond the informal hearing level.
- Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the
claims exposure, to determine the proper course of action and to
present the case at the informal hearing.
- Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the
claim process. Has the ability to think critically, solve problems,
plan and organize activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively
communicate verbally and in writing and embrace new
- Handles claims consistent with our clients and corporate
policies, procedures and "Best Practices" and also in accordance to
any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
- Documents and communicates all claim activity timely and
effectively and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claim
file. Additional Considerations: Required:
- Five plus years of claims related experience with a consistent
high level of performance and achievement required.
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which
claims are being handled.
- Valid driver's license and transportation to and from hearings.
- A four year college degree or equivalent work experience is
preferred. Work Traits:
- Extensive knowledge of accepted industry standards and
practices. Analytical skills necessary to make decisions and
resolve complex issues inherent in handling losses.
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and
disposition of serious claims including the ability to interpret
- Ability to effectively operate a personal computer and related
claims and business software.
- Ability to drive a vehicle to hearing venues throughout the
state. Interpersonal skills including the ability to work in
conjunction with and support all administration, management,
supervisory and staff positions as well as professional interaction
with State liaisons and WCC personnel. U.S. Eligibility
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV
online to be considered
- Are you 18 years of age or older or can you demonstrate legal
capacity to enter a contract?
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any
offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion
of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United
States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S.
citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary
residents. Temporary residence does not include those with
non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as
students in practical training status. Exceptions to these
requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified
candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or
Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among
other things, post-employment obligations relating to
non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure Gallagher
offers competitive salaries and benefits, including:
medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K),
employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement,
employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability
varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift
program, and more. Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled
to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against
nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age,
veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally
protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in
all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but
not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer,
demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In
addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known
physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant
with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue
hardship on the operation of our business.
Keywords: Gallagher, East Hartford , Claims Hearing Specialist - East Hartford, CT, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!