Hospice RN Shared Services Hospice Preceptor
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In hospice, you'll be a true advocate for patients at the end of
life while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do - Full-Time - Float Throughout A Local Hospital
To Help With Orientation- Willing To Travel With Overnight Stays If
Needed For Entire POD Of CT/RI/EMA - $7,500.00 Sign On
Mentors new hire clinicians following adult learning principles and
new hire training process. Coordinates and directs the provision of
hospice according to individualized patient plan of care and
company policy and procedures. Responsible for successful on -
boarding of new clinicians within specified regio n.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospice care and competency in
discipline specific patient care skills, required by the care
center for the provision of patient care.
- Coordinates orientation activities of new RN clinicians
(mentees), and other disciplines as needed, within the POD and
integrates with Directors of Operations, Clinical Managers, AVPs of
Operations, AVPs of Clinical, Regional Directors of Clinical
Operations and Peer Mentors to facilitate successful orientation
and transition from orientation to fully productive independent
- Facilitates the learning experience to allow mentees to perform
competently in their required responsibilities, evidenced by
mentoring, coaching, and role modeling correct behaviors.
- Assists with identification, education and development of new
and current Peer Mentors within the care centers.
- Plans specific learning experiences to promote the acquisition
of new knowledge, skills and abilities required of the job.
- Performs field ride a long visits as needed as part of the
- Provides timely feedback to the mentee regarding all aspects of
the orientation experience.
- Provides clinical skills practice opportunities for mentees and
evaluates and documents correct performanc e.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations as to when the mentee is
capable of working independently.
- Advocates for additional individual training needs for the
mentee, as identified.
- Provides weekly updates to leadership.
- Utilizes a combination of POD, region and division level
resources and recognized standards of practice to achieve positive
clinical and training outcomes.
- Initiates, plans and provides multi - disciplinary clinician
staff education as needed regarding hospice eligibility
documentation, policie s and procedures, care coordination, case
management, clinical practice, technology, compliance and
- Trains and/or provides reinforcement of training to clinical
staff on EMR software applications as needed.
- Facilitates delivery of clinician training and education
related to organizational initiatives and/or changes in processes
impacting patient care delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current, unencumbered state license and applicable credentials
to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Three (3+) years' hospice nursing experience with at
least one (1+) year experience with Amedisys.
- Proficient in Amedisys EMR documentation system, policies and
- Proficient in application of hospice care industry standards
and clinical practice.
- Current CH PN certification, or commitment to obtain
certification within one yea r.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Company-Paid Life Insurance for You and Your Dependents
- Additional Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefit
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, East Hartford , Hospice RN Shared Services Hospice Preceptor, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!