Assistant Secretary (10 Month Position)
Company: East Hartford Public Schools
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: June 12, 2021
SALARY: $20.27 - $26.63 per hour (Per Contract)
Posting closes June 2, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
The following documents must be complete and current for
application to be considered for this position:
X Online Application
X Letter of Interest
Copy of Valid Certification and/or License
X Three Current Letters of Recommendation (dated within one year
INTERNAL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE EITHER AN ONLINE
APPLICATION OR SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST OUTLINING
TITLE: Assistant Secretary
- Associate's Degree Preferred.
- Proven office experience highly desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as
problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Fluent in spoken and written Spanish, preferred.
- Ability to use sound judgement in decision making, and maintain
a customer-oriented focus while upholding the best interests of
East Hartford Public Schools.
- Ability to effectively use technology platforms such Microsoft
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of
Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Immediate Supervisor/Administrator
JOB GOAL: Performs secretarial/accounting, administrative work
of a complex, confidential and responsible nature. This position
will usually exist in offices with one or two office workers and
serves as an assistant secretarial position to the
- Serves as a point of initial contact with students, parents,
staff and the public and communicates professionally and
- Relieves the administrator of administrative details and takes
appropriate action on routine matters.
- Independently manages office work.
- Supervises and maintains a professional work flow.
- Prioritizes work and utilizes organizational skills.
- Possesses an excellent knowledge of grammatical skills and the
- Operates personal computer at advanced skills level, including
word processing, presentation, spread sheets, data entry and
- Creates/maintains statistical reports.
- Possesses working knowledge of current Board policies and laws
relevant to the individual's department.
- Processes both incoming/outgoing correspondence accurately and
in a timely manner.
- Communicates with vendors and community organizations.
- Establishes, organizes, and maintains accurate files.
- Assumes such other functions as may be determined by the
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Seven hours per day ten (10) or twelve (12)
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with
provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Non-Certified
Keywords: East Hartford Public Schools, East Hartford , Assistant Secretary (10 Month Position), Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!