Custodian I / 2nd Shift
Company: East Hartford Public Schools
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Custodian I / 2nd Shift
Hours: 2:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m
Salary: $20.56 - $24.65 per hour (Per Contract)
Posting closes June 2, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Current custodians (Bargaining Unit Members) may submit a letter
of interest only
The following documents must be complete and current for
application to be considered for this position:
X Online Application
X Letter of Interest
Copy of Valid Certification and/or License
Transcripts (if applicable)
X Three Current Letters of Recommendation
JOB # 326
TITLE: Custodian I
- High school diploma, GED, or other educational background
necessary for position.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning practices/procedures in an
- Ability to perform semi-skilled building and equipment
- Ability to use landscape and snow removal equipment.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may
find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Facilities Operations Manager or Head of Building
JOB GOAL: To maintain a clean, healthy and safe environment for
students, staff, and the general public.
- Keeps building and premises, including, but not limited to, all
sidewalks, driveways, and play areas, neat and clean at all
- Performs all cleaning tasks including but not limited to:
sweeping, dusting, dry mopping, wet mopping, vacuuming, removing
graffiti, waxing, scrubbing, stripping, polishing, window cleaning,
trash removal and all other related functions as directed.
- Performs all outdoor tasks including but not limited to: snow &
ice removal, mowing, trimming, edging, leaf raking,
sweeping/cleaning parking lots and playgrounds, cleaning roof
drains, keep grounds free of litter, debris and graffiti.
- Sanitizes restrooms.
- Performs interior and exterior painting.
- Executes written and oral instructions.
- Maintains custodial closets and storerooms.
- Secures buildings and equipment.
- Maintains and marks athletic fields.
- Inspects and maintains life safety equipment.
- Ability to climb and work from ladders and scaffolding.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks such as changing lamps,
ceiling tiles, and various repair tasks.
- Set-up and breakdown of chairs, tables, podiums and other
equipment for events and activities.
- Promptly reports building deficiencies, issues, and in-depth
required repairs to the Head Custodian and/or Head of Building
- Reports any damage to school property immediately to head
custodian and/or head of building operations.
- When applicable, maintains and operates pool facilities to
ensure safe, clean conditions and optimal water quality by
performing tests, chemical adjustments, filter backwashing, and
water level adjustments.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as delegated and/or
assigned by supervisor and/or head custodian.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Twelve-month position. Salary and work year per contract with
Physical Demands: Very Heavy
Working Conditions: Both inside and outside. Extremes of cold +
temperature changes. Extremes of heat + temperature changes. Wet
and humid. Noise and vibration. Vapors, fumes, odor. Dust, limited
ventilation. Toxic substances.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with
provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Non-Certified
Keywords: East Hartford Public Schools, East Hartford , Custodian I / 2nd Shift, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!