Salary: $19.68 - $25.87 per hour (Per Contract)
Hours: 12:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., Monday - Thursday and
10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. on Friday
Posting closes June 17, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
High School Diploma or GED
Prior Experience in conducting investigations preferred
Good Communication Skills
Must be proficient in CPR, basic first aid, basic self defense,
legal issues and interacting with students and staff
The following documents must be complete and current for
application to be considered for this position:
X Online Application
X Letter of Interest
Copy of Valid Certification and/or License
__X Transcripts (if applicable)
X Three Current Letters of Recommendation
TITLE: Campus Safety Officer
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior experience in law enforcement, security, risk management,
emergency management, or similar area
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written reports, and
- Proficiency in best practices and all training courses
including, but not limited to: first aid, CPR, school security
measures, self-defense, managing aggressive behavior, conflict
resolution, and legal issues
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships
with supervisors, team members, students, and staff
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of
Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Head of Building Operations (HBO) or Facilities
Safety and Preparedness Manager (FSPM).
A public safety position which assists administration in
patrolling school grounds and in maintaining a safe and secure
atmosphere for students and staff.
- Responds to situations involving physical contact between two
or more persons in a tactful and efficient manner.
- Restrains disruptive students when necessary and
- Administers CPR and/or First Aid when necessary and
- Patrols interior and exterior of buildings and supervises
traffic of school corridors, restrooms, entrances, exits and
- Identifies intruders and any other unauthorized persons, and
regulates or controls their entry and passage in the public-school
- Assists authorized visitors by explaining, directing, and
ensuring adherence to safety regulations.
- Directs school and traffic persons associated with fire alarms,
cafeteria use, busing and parking facility access.
- Controls vehicular traffic and enforces parking
- Assists as directed during athletic, social and academic
activities scheduled in the school building during and after school
- Directs, controls and investigates causes of school
disturbances and other internal and external problems, as well as
writing reports of such incidents(s).
- Assists law enforcement officer(s), including school resource
officers, as directed.
- Assumes such other functions as may be determined.
Must be able to meet performance responsibilities.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Ten-month year. Salary and work year to be established by the
AFSCME Local 2727 contract.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with
provisions of the Board's policy for non-certified staff.