Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time
driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking
companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of
parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we're
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say "parking is our
industry but people are our passion." Our mission is to "create
opportunities for our employees and value for our clients". If
you're looking to join a growing company led by passionate people
committed to being the best - contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Event Staff members are the front-line personnel responsible
for greeting, engaging and interacting with all customers attending
Rentschler Field events. The Event Staff position will last the
duration of the 2019 UConn Football season home games.
Here is the link to the 2019 stadium schedule, please check it
out to see if you will be able to work any of the games:
Principal Job Duties:
- Meet and greet each customer with courtesy and great customer
- Understand the surroundings and event details in order to
- Accurately distribute tickets (proof of purchase) to each
- Expedite the traffic flow in a timely fashion.
- Adhere to dress code - Must be able to work outside in any
weather conditions (rain, snow, wind, heat, etc.) and be able to
continuously stand for extended periods of time (3-6 hours)
- Follow all safety standards.
- Communicate with management, supervisors and traffic
- Answer customer service questions concerning parking and the
answer general customer inquiries in a courteous, professional and
effective manner and refer questions to the supervisor when
- Will be expected to take direction from Managers, Supervisors
and emergency responders during emergencies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience working in outdoor/extreme weather
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English
- Must be able to work standing-up/on-feet for extended periods
- Willingness to work in the elements -- heat, wind, snow, rain,
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 15 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform
the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check
and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our
employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to
provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons,
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently
separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our
application process is used for the process of limiting or
excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such
This Employer participates in E-Verify.