Gage Calibration Technician
Company: ATI Metals
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: June 8, 2021
ATI is seeking a full time day shift Gage Calibration Technician
to join our team in East Hartford, Connecticut. A Gage Calibration
Technician plays a critical role in verifying that gauges used by
our inspection team are calibrated correctly and give accurate
readings. The Gage Calibration Technician ensures that our
customers' needs are met by verifying that gauges conform to strict
A successful Gage Calibration Technician will be mechanically
inclined, have a continuous improvement mindset, and ideally have
experience in a manufacturing or aerospace environment. In order to
become successful and provide immediate impact, you will need to
quickly learn ATI, be comfortable working with customers in audits
and be comfortable using calibration tools.
- Establish and maintain records and files for inspection and
calibration of tools, instruments, gages, equipment and
- Perform inspection and calibration in accordance with
documented procedures, industry requirements and/or manufacturer's
instructions within established calibration intervals.
- Perform gage setup for specific ATI operations.
- Maintain records (paper and electronic) of inspection and
- Perform inspection on newly purchased gages, fixtures,
production equipment and tooling.
- Perform general maintenance and repairs on inspection
instruments, gages and equipment, as required.
- Enter and maintain computer files on gage inventory and recall
- Identify and segregate non-conforming tooling and
- Contribute to continuous improvement and support 5S
- Generate suggestions for improving work; develop innovative
approaches and ideas.
- Support other Quality Department functions as needed.
- Regular use of Syteline, PC-DMIS, and MS Office.
- Authority to perform all tasks/activities responsible for.
High School Diploma or GED
At least two years of experience of in an industrial,
manufacturing, or military environment
A certificate in a manufacturing related program from a
technical or trade school
- Experience working in an aerospace manufacturing
- Experience working with ISO and AS quality requirements
- Knowledge of dimensional, visual, and mechanical inspection
- Skilled in usage and care of precision measuring tools and
- Strong metrology, blueprint reading, and GD&T
interpretation skills; working knowledge of SPC required
- Accuracy and attention to detail at all times and complete
tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to effectively read and understand blueprints,
engineering documents, inspection manuals, and procedures
Area of Interest
Keywords: ATI Metals, East Hartford , Gage Calibration Technician, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!