Hospice Case Manager | Registered Nurse
Company: Amedisys Home Health Services
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: June 8, 2021
What You Will Do - New London - CT Area
$7,500 Sign On Bonus
As a hospice case manager for Amedisys, you will have a special
opportunity to provide, coordinate and direct the provision of
hospice nursing and palliative care to terminally ill patients in
their home. You will closely collaborate with the attending
physician, patients and their families, and other members of the
patient care team to provide and maintain continuity of patient
care to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high
quality end-of-life care for the patient.
- Assess and reassess all physical, environmental and emotional
factors to determine hospice needs for patients in the home
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and IDT to meet
the emotional needs of the patient/family/caregiver.
- Utilize a combination of agency resources and nationally
recognized standards of practice to achieve excellent pain and
symptom management and high quality end-of-life care.
- Coordinate the total Plan of Care and maintains continuity of
patient care by liaising with appropriate staff and the
- Actively participates in Interdisciplinary Team (IDT)
- Provide supervision and evaluation of aides and nurses.
- Attend funerals/calling hours when appropriate as assigned by
the bereavement coordinator.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered
Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a registered
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation and agency
required liability insurance to complete home visits
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Previous home health or hospice experience
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN)
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy,
marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability,
military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or
carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys Home Health Services, East Hartford , Hospice Case Manager | Registered Nurse, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!