Job ID 01445696 Most Recent Date Posted 06/02/2021 City East
Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future
of flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the
world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within,
we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent
takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort
zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into
a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your
drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an
industry that's evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look
Are you ready to go beyond?
The Mechanical Systems, Externals and Nacelles (MSEN)
engineering team has a challenging opportunity for an expert Heat
Transfer Engineer to lead and perform thermal analysis of gas
turbine bearing compartments, gearbox and oil/air service
tubes/ducts under varying conditions of aircraft performance
You will lead thermal analysis, working with a team of MSEN
thermal engineers, collaborating with other engineering
disciplines, CIPT/IPT leaders and supporting multiple
Key focus areas will include:
- A thorough understanding of design/analysis inputs from across
- Thermal modeling methodology development for varied
applications of conductive, convective and radiative heat
- Knowledge or experience in multiphase flows and CFD would be a
- Using CFD-based thermal boundary conditions for higher fidelity
- Applying statistical methods to thermal analytics to improve
confidence level in model predictions
- Mentor less-experienced engineers in Heat Transfer team on
technical analysis approaches.
- Integrating design/analytics lessons learned across commercial
and military engine lines and incorporating in thermal analytics
- Contribute to Engineering Standard Work (ESW) and Engine
Knowledge System updates
- Actively participate in engineering investigations using sound
fault tree and root-cause processes
- Clearly communicate top issues and the effectiveness of the
thermal action plans to MSEN leadership.
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- 3+ years of experience in gas turbine engineering with BS OR 2+
years of experience in gas turbine engineering with MS or
- An active US government security clearance or the ability to
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is
- Advanced Degree in Engineering with a focus on fluid-thermal
sciences is a plus.
- Positive attitude with a strong teamwork competency that allows
you to quickly build positive relationships within our team and our
- You will bring experience with a range of modern thermo-fluid
analytical tools used in the gas turbine industry, including ANSYS
Classic/Workbench and Fluent/CFX.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications PowerPoint,
Excel, Word, and OneNote.
- Some experience/knowledge of aircraft engine lube system
- Ability to prioritize and support multiple projects with
- Possess strong organization and communication skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms