Senior Director Key Accounts
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company.
As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations
worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to
help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the
curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics
capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to
solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to
operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their
organization's culture and requirements. Our industry focus
includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications,
rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and
Senior Director, Key Accounts- North America Transportation
Cyient is a leading global provider of high level engineering,
manufacturing, geospatial, network and operations management
services to global industry leaders. We leverage the power of
digital technology and advanced analytics capabilities, along with
domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business
problems. As a Design, Build and Maintain partner, we take solution
ownership across the value chain to help our clients focus on their
core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. Relationships lie at
the heart of how we work. Our industry coverage spans aerospace and
defense, medical, telecommunications, rail transportation,
semiconductor, utilities, industrial, energy and natural
Cyient Transportation Business Unit (BU) in North America is
comprised of the Rail, Aerospace and Defense Markets. We are
searching for an experienced Sales leader who strives for
excellence, leads by trust, is energized by new challenges,
innovation and continuous improvement, to enhance the capabilities
of the organization. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales,
Transportation, North America, he or she will operate with a high
degree of autonomy, will manage a portfolio of customer accounts
with a focus on building and growing these accounts, and will be
responsible for capture of new business for growth to scale. The
incumbent will act as the key interface for business capture and
provide strategic and tactical guidance to the portfolio Account
team, the supporting Cyient teams and to management. He or she will
drive to achieve sales goals and growth targets that are directly
impacted by our evolving market demands. The candidate must
demonstrate a high propensity to lead, influence, direct and
inspire the cross functionally in order to achieve account and
company goals and growth targets. The candidate must have
demonstrated leadership experience and have desire to grow his or
her portfolio and team.
Candidates must have an established track record of hunting and
capturing new business with new customers and in delivering a
high-level of account ownership and leadership, business
development performance, and of ensuring customer satisfaction to
customers in the commercial and military aviation industry. The
candidate must possess the strategic skills needed to identify and
pursue profitable business opportunities, and breadth in capability
to work with the Cyient teams to develop sales strategies and
offerings for a wide range of value propositions including
engineering services, digital solutions, product and system
development and manufacturing services in the North American
Aerospace and Defense industry. The target portfolio will include a
set of complex customers' accounts including OEM/Tier 1's & systems
companies. The Candidate must possess strong communication skills,
priority management and ability to work both autonomously and
collaboratively. He or She must have the ability to work with
multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams spread over diverse
geographic regions and time zones.
This role requires customer interaction at multiple disciplines
and levels, as well as coordination & interaction at multiple
levels within Cyient in North America and abroad. The ability to
build a high performing account management team, and to equally
build and maintain strong relationships at all levels of the
customer enterprise - that lead to the continuous growth of
business opportunity - is key.
This position may be located remotely, or optionally can be
located at one of our US facilities in Florida, Connecticut, or
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Position Cyient to significantly grow the aerospace and defense
business with specified existing customers, while winning new
"Customer Logos" and expanding Cyient's presence in the North
- Development and leadership of a geographically dispersed team
of Account Managers, inducing planning, coordination, coaching and
- Responsible for defining the sales strategy, and execution, and
obtaining Cyient Management buy-in and executing such
- Development of target customer list, qualification process and
analysis, and capture planning
- Responsible for order, revenue and profit targets in a
portfolio of accounts,
- Develop business cases, proposal strategies and lead overall
proposal activities for customers' Requests for Proposal.
- Develop pro-active - unsolicited offers by identification of
potential white space opportunities in the customer accounts.
- Provide timely forecasts of revenue, business capture, sales
and orders booking, status of pursuits and proposals
- Develop and elaborate - and lead internal teams in influencing
/ understanding the customer RFP requirements, the competition, and
providing a Win Strategy with a recommended Price to Win.
- Responsible for contributing to overall Customer Satisfaction
through provision of feedback & assurance of clear and consistent
communication between the customer and the leadership team.
- Generate, maintain, and present sales management artifacts and
tools such as strategic sales plans, account plans, sales funnels,
capture plans and order forecasts.
- Able to develop an understanding of and ensure adherence to
Cyient contractual policies and procedures, and to company Legal
and Ethics policies.
- Coach and support sales and BD managers as required, and
participate in workshops, knowledge sharing and strategy sessions
with Account Management, Business Development, Strategy, Marketing
and Technical teams as requested.
- Diligent use of Salesforce CRM to track and maintain account
- Position currently has 3 direct reports
Skills and Knowledge
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or
Engineering; MBA a plus.
- 10+ years technical sales experience - sales or marketing with
an A/C OEM, Tier 1 or 2 systems, products and/or, professional
engineering services company or EMS company in the aerospace
- 5+ years' experience in leading and developing Sales
- Knowledge of domestic and international customer business
environments with solid knowledge of the aviation industry and
aerospace and defense is required
- Skill in opportunity development and opportunity
identification, strategic selling, pursuit and capture planning are
- Experience in the US defense market selling systems, products
of services to US defense primes and their suppliers, as well as
selling engineering services or solutions to Aircraft
- Two or more of the following sales Experience sets: Engineering
Services, complex product or system development, software Embedded
or Verification services, Aftermarket Services and Solutions, EMS
or other manufacturing services.
- Experience selling digital solutions is a plus.
- Transportation/Rail market experience is a Plus
- Ability to elaborate and demonstrate a track record of
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales and marketing principles and
- Excellent written and oral communication as well as effective
- Ability to present business plans and sales strategies to
senior and executive management.
- Strong contract experience, negotiation skills and customer
relationship building skills are critical.
- Strong drive and aptitude to learn new technologies and
- Demonstrated leadership traits, with past cross functional
leadership experience a plus.
- Personal integrity, professionalism, goal-oriented,
- Experience with SalesforceTM is a plus
- Requires ~50% or more travel.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Resident required
Skills & Experience
Account Management, Business Development, International
marketing, Account Management, Sales, Customer Relationship
Management, Strategic Customer Engagement, New Customer Hunt, New
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status,
and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are
proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can
focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.
Keywords: Cyient, East Hartford , Senior Director Key Accounts, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!