Senior Manager, Model Based Enterprise Tools
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job ID 01452819 Most Recent Date Posted 06/01/2021 City East
Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future
of flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the
world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within,
we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent
takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort
zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into
a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your
drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an
industry that's evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney, a worldwide leader in jet engines, is looking
for a dedicated individual to be part of the Engineering Tools and
Methods Team within the Engine Design and Systems Integration
(EDSI) organization. This individual would specifically work on the
Model Based Definition, Manufacturing and Inspection (MD-DMI)
The role of the Engineering Tools and Methods team is to
modernize Engineering enterprise multi-discipline value stream
tools and methods to enable productivity, usability and game
changing products. If you like to work in a dynamic environment and
possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, then
this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role, you will be joining the team to implement MB-DMI
across Pratt & Whitney. MB-DMI is a company-wide initiative to
augment 3D models with machine readable content to reduce the
downstream need to re-create definition, and to enable automation
for both internal and external producers. MB-DMI relies on Model
Based Definition (MBD) as a foundational element and eliminates the
need for conventional 2D drawings. MBD & MB-DMI are foundational
elements of a Model Based Enterprise (MBE).
To ensure a robust digital thread, MB-DMI requires reliable
interoperability solutions and validated data exchange across
multiple frameworks. Pratt & Whitney is looking for a dedicated
individual to be responsible for developing a coordinated MB-DMI
data interoperability strategy between the Engineering, Internal
Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, and Digital Technology (DT)
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills
(both verbal and written), be self-motivated, persistent, and
focused on results. They must be able to drive urgency, drive
alignment and decision making, demonstrate leadership through
building trust and positively influencing others, challenge the
status quo with a continuous improvement mentality, and foster
learning that is integrated with development. The main deliverable
is to develop and implement new processes and tools that achieve
tangible results. These skills are essential for teaming with all
the organizations that comprise the MB-DMI team (Engineering,
Internal Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, DT, software
developers, etc.) and integrating the requirements for the
- Define and implement a coordinated MB-DMI data interoperability
strategy between the Engineering, Internal Operations, Supply
Chain, Quality, and Digital Technology organizations
- Ensure Model Based Definition data elements (geometry,
annotations, attributes, product characteristics, presentation
states) are created with human and machine-readable compliance and
digitally consumed in a traceable manner in Internal and External
- Have deep technical experience in how MBD interoperable file
formats (e.g. STEP 242, QIF, JT) are best suited to support
consumption into downstream frameworks (e.g. CAD, CAM, CAI, and
other business process applications)
- Evaluate the maturity of the interoperable formats to support
MBD data elements, assess impact of maturity to the digital thread,
and drive the identification and closure of risk mitigation steps
where maturity gaps are identified
- Represent Engineering in relevant industry standards bodies
(PDES, DMSC, ASME, etc.).
- Work with software vendors in the evaluation, development,
debugging, and evolution of software tools to support MB-DMI
- Develop and maintain a multi-year strategic roadmap on
interoperability that incorporates P&W learning, current state
maturity evaluation, and market research for new tools, trends, and
functionality in the interoperability space
- Advise MBD teams on the application of Geometric Dimensioning
and Tolerancing (GD&T) approaches that maximize
machine-readability and comply with the latest ASME standards for
application and interpretation
- Coordinate with external hardware suppliers to understand their
MBE digital maturity and support their digital adoption.
- Create Engineering Standard Work and training material on the
application of MBD to maximize machine readability and to comply
with the latest industry standards for definition application and
- Create Engineering Standard Work and training material for the
governance of creating, validating and consuming derived digital
product definition data elements and formats.
- Act as an expert source for the MB Design process
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experience with a bachelor's degree or 7+
years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Experience with CAD and PLM software
- Ability to obtain a Classified Security Clearance
- Active Classified Security Clearance strongly preferred.
- Experience with Siemens NX and Teamcenter.
- Experience Successfully Implementing MB-DMI on a program.
- Extensive knowledge on PMI reuse and repurpose to a stature of
Subject Matter Expert level.
- Certification in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Experience providing GD&T training
- Expertise with MBD related standards (ASME Y14.5-2018, ASME
Y14.41-2019, ASME Y14.47-2019, MIL-STD-31000B) and interoperable
file formats (STEP 242, QIF, JT).
- Experience with MBD related translation and validation software
(ITI CADIQ, Capvidia MBDVidia/CompareVidia, Elysium 3Dx Suite,
- Familiarity with working in an Agile framework.
- Remote work arrangements are available.
- This role is hybrid where responsibilities are to be fulfilled
both onsite and offsite.
- This position reports through the Engineering organization and
has close ties with the DT organization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, East Hartford , Senior Manager, Model Based Enterprise Tools, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!