Apprentice Fleet Mechanic
Company: First Student
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: June 3, 2021
First Student, the largest provider of student transportation in
North America, is now hiring an Apprentice Mechanic (Level
First Student is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages
- Consistent year-round work
- An excellent benefits package with full medical and dental plan
and RRSP Program with company contribution
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement
- A great work environment!
Apprentice Technician Major
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers.
- Assist Journeyman Technicians with preventative maintenance
(PMs), safety inspections and annual maintenance inspections.
- Assist in accurately diagnosing and performing mechanical
repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drivetrains,
transmission clutches and other repairs under direct
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek supervisor
approval where required.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Apprentice Technician Qualifications:
- Valid driver’s license required
- Previous gas or diesel vehicle repair experience; school bus
experience is helpful
- Must have appropriate mechanic’s tool set.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading
provider of school transportation services. We operate in 460
locations across the US and Canada, working with school districts
to provide safe, reliable, and cost-effective transportation for
five million students per school day. We employ more than 48,000
people and operate and maintain over 43,000 buses.
Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse
workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a
disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible
Keywords: First Student, East Hartford , Apprentice Fleet Mechanic, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!