Company: Frontier Communications
Location: east hartford
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position is responsible for the design, implementation, and
ongoing support of various elements of our customers IT
infrastructure, including but not limited to; Servers/Hosts,
Storage Area Networks, Hypervisors, Microsoft/Linux Operating
Systems, Client Computers, Network Security elements, Disaster
Recovery and Business Continuity applications, Microsoft
Exchange/Office 365, Ethernet Switching, Wireless Networking,
Active Directory, Domain Name Services, Patch Management, and
various common software applications. This position supports sales,
is directly responsible for a portion of sales engineering, and
participates in an on-call rotation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Include:
- High level expertise in Cisco products and design
- Experience in design and support of Cisco infrastructure,
Voice-Over-IP, Security, Wireless and/or Data Center
- Time / Project Management be able to appropriate manage time
and priorities independently.
- High Energy / Goal Orientation aggressive style in problem
solving / reaching objectives
- Excellent Communications Skills Internal and External Able to
provide good communication to customer platform presentation
- Experience with any of the following:
- Cisco Voice Implementation/Support Experience, Cisco CUCM,
Unity Connection, UCCX, etc.
- Experience with Cisco Security products such as ASA firewall,
IDS, ISE, etc.
- Experience with Cisco Data Center Products such as Nexus
switching and UCS
- 7 to 10 years experience in implementing and supporting a broad
range of IT equipment/applications.
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills (written and
verbal), and customer relations will be utilized in achieving
desired results and are critical to the position.
- Bachelors in Engineering or equivalent experience
- VMware VCP or 5 years of experience
- Microsoft MCSE or 5 years of experience
- Datto DCDS or DCAT
- Frequent travel of distances up to 50 miles required
- Occasional travel of longer distances required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, hand or feel; reach with
hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand; walk; and stop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The
employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Frontier Communications, East Hartford , Communication Engineer, Other , east hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!