Salary: Per Contract
Posting closes April 15, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
The following documents must be complete and current for
application to be considered:
* Online Application
* Letter of Interest
* Copy of Certification
* Official Transcripts
* Copy of Praxis Scores
* Three Current Letters of Recommendation (dated within one year
* Other: Letter of interest should include background
1. Certified in subject area
2. Bachelor's degree required.
3. Student teaching, substitute teaching, or teaching in private
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of
Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Principal or supervisor.
SUPERVISES: Students in class.
To help students learn subject matter and skills that will
contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible
men and women.
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at
the times designated.
2. Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the
individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning
and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
4. Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of
preparation upon request of immediate superior.
5. Encourages students to set and maintain standards of
6. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of
curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear
objectives for all lessons units, and projects to communicate these
objectives to the students.
7. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and
instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of
the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the
individuals or student groups involved.
8. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's
philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
9. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis
and provides progress reports as required.
10. Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular
basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as
11. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
12. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as
required by law, district policy, and administrative
13. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and
rules governing student life and conduct, and for the classroom,
develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and
maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
14. Makes provision for being available to students and parents
for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when
required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
15. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher
aide(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads,
evaluates their job performance.
16. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
17. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as
18. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Ten-month year. Salary and work year established by the EHEA
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with
provisions of the Board of Education's policy on Evaluation of