Company: Horst Engineering Family of Companies
Location: East hartford
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Launch your career forward with a unique opportunity to play a
vital role at a dynamic aerospace components manufacturer. At the
HORST Engineering Family of Companies, the sky isn't the limit.
It's just the beginning. For more than seventy years we have
manufactured components that keep aircraft flying. With relentless
precision and quality, we continuously improve and learn new ways
to propel aerospace and the other high technology industries
upward. And we make it all happen as a family. As a third
generation family business, our commitment to our community has
been the cornerstone of our success. We aren't just made in the
USA, we are made by the USA. And together, we lift you up.
The aerospace sector is experiencing fantastic growth and
investment. We manufacture precision parts for some of the best OEM
customers in the industry. Join a modern company that makes the
critical hardware that helps keep commercial and military planes,
helicopters, and rockets in the air. We help people fly safely.
Why join our team?
- Work for an established 3rd generation family business with a
strong Core Purpose and Core Values.
- Work for a Senior Leadership Team that has established a
multi-year growth plan
- Engage with dynamic professional leadership that vigorously
You will rely on your prior experience and skills to support our
Manufacturing function. This first shift position is part of the
Packaging, Shipping, & Receiving Team and is based at Horst
Engineering (East Hartford, CT).
- Pull inventory and repackage for shipment
- Package parts coming from shop floor according to work
- Assure that all parts are packed correctly to the operation
sheet and sufficiently to not be damaged in transport
- Process international shipment paperwork including Certificate
of Origin and commercial invoices along with international shipment
- Download requirements from customer websites and ship parts
with enough time to be received on time by the customer
- Process all company shipments with required paperwork including
Certificate of Conformance.
- Receive all incoming service work
- Handle all customer returns including RMA's and shipping
- Issue Assembly kits to the manufacturing floor
- Cycle count and manage inventory
- Serve as backup for Material Handling (including receiving
material, pulling materials)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years' hands-on experience working in a fast-paced shipping
- Familiarity with international shipments and export
- Strong computer skills and ERP experience (e.g. Epicor ERP) is
- Familiarity with FedEx and /or UPS software and DHL
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- MS Excel skills
- Experience in aerospace manufacturing a plus
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs
- Ability to push and pull heavy materials, specifically bar
- Ability to operate a large saw
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time
Keywords: Horst Engineering Family of Companies, East Hartford , Packaging/Material Handler, Other , East hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!