Company: First Student
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: April 27, 2021
Lead Fleet Maintenance
Technician / Shop Foreman at CREC
First Student, the largest provider of student transportation in
North America, is now hiring a Shop Foreman / Technician
First Student is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages of $ 29.80 - $33.10 are based on
experience & qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule, and consistent,
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Lead Fleet Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Schedule and administer fleet maintenance, assisting in
diagnosing and troubleshooting complex problems. Assign work to
technicians and maintain records of use, mileage, maintenance,
repairs, and service.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all vehicle components to
effectively diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs.
- Road test vehicles to determine necessary repairs.
- Supervise technicians in the shop. Make hiring and termination
decisions in concert with location management and human resources.
Conduct regular performance evaluations.
- Provide employee training and coaching.
- Conduct daily shop huddles and fleet walks.
- Ensure all repairs and maintenance are performed in a safe,
efficient, and timely manner following company procedures and
federal and state regulations.
- Oversee shop inventory to ensure necessary equipment and parts
levels are maintained. Order parts and subcontract repair work as
- Work closely with location management to provide status of
maintenance and budget requirements.
- Communicate the availability of vehicles for service with
dispatch, maintenance manager, and other operations employees.
- Monitor shop operational performance and efficiency and take
action to improve as needed.
- Perform hands-on work activities as required, including
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Lead Fleet Mechanic Qualifications:
- A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 3+ years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- At least 1 year of experience as lead technician, supervisor,
or other management role preferred.
- Solid aptitude in planning and scheduling maintenance
- Advanced diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanic’s tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in the company
ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Strong experience with computers, web-based applications, and
- Good team-building skills.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test
Apply today to join our team!
First Student (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading
provider of school transportation services. We operate in 460
locations across the US and Canada, working with school districts
to provide safe, reliable, and cost-effective transportation for
five million students per school day. We employ more than 48,000
people and operate and maintain over 43,000 buses.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: First Student, East Hartford , Tech In-Charge, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!