Location: East Hartford
Posted on: January 9, 2021
To provide high quality psychiatric services to clients.By:
- Direct service to clients, consultation to staff and external
payors, providers, etc.POSITION CORE COMPETENCIES:Interpersonal
Communication: Establishes positive rapport and trust with clients
and co-workers; demonstrates core Trauma Informed and Gender
Specific Services value of Trustworthiness.Collaboration &
Teamwork: Effectively participates as a team member to advance
common team goals; demonstrates core Trauma Informed and Gender
Specific Services value of Collaboration.Cultural Competence,
Diversity & inclusion: Effectively and respectfully works with
others who have diverse traditions, beliefs, interpersonal styles,
attitudes and behaviors.Systems Oriented Practice: Functions
effectively within the organizational and financial structures of
CHR and other external systems in which they interact. Maintains
the standards set forth by professional ethical guidelines and the
code of conduct of CHR.Quality & Performance Improvement: Works
individually and within teams to improve skills and to achieve
performance goals and improve outcomes; demonstrates core Trauma
Informed and Gender Specific Services values of Choice &
Empowerment.Informatics: Uses information technology to support and
improve organizational effectiveness.Safety Environment:
Identifies, prevents and reports unsafe situations; uses
appropriate procedures to assure safety environment; demonstrates
core Trauma Informed and Gender Specific Services value of
Safety.Screening & Assessment: Conducts brief, evidence-based and
developmentally appropriate screening and conducts or arranges for
more detailed assessments when indicated.Care Planning & Care
Coordination: Creates and/or implements integrated care plans,
ensures access to linked services; exchanges information among
clients, family members, and providers.Intervention: Provides range
of brief, focused prevention, treatment and recovery services for
clients.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administration of medications as indicated in agency
policies and procedures under the direction and supervision of the
agency MD.Direct Treatment Services:
- Provides treatment services consistent with those authorized by
payors and agency clinical standards and guidelines.
- Provide direct clinical services to clients, which may include;
psychiatric evaluations, diagnostic assessments, ongoing treatment
as well as crisis planning and response.
- Maintain positive working relationships with community health
organizations and outside medical services to ensure coordination
of client care.
- Provide training and consultation to staff as indicated.
- Develop programs and psycho-educational interventions for
clients across the agency on issues such as wellness, side effects,
- Participates in case conferences/consultations, as required,
and in team meetings and training as needed.
- Makes comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessments of client and
develops focus of treatment.
- Provides comprehensive and clear case formulation.
- Makes clinically appropriate, focused, goal-oriented treatment
plans and reviews as required by agency guidelines.
- Provides individual, group and/or family therapy as
- Assesses level of care needs/changes and follows up with and/or
makes referrals to appropriate type of treatment and length of
- Provides brief treatment for clients who do not have a major
- For the client who has a serious and pervasive mental illness,
provides acute treatment services when indicated and ongoing
supportive, less intensive treatment to facilitate continuous
- Makes risk assessments and follows through as clinically
indicated in client crisis.
- Demonstrates competency in age-related or specialty issues and
developmental needs for each population served.
- Makes collateral contacts with clients' natural support
network; with other team members in-house; with other
professionals/providers/agencies and in-patient treatment
- Collaborates with the team to arrange for admission to other
levels of care or referrals to other services.
- Completes all client record keeping conforming with agency
policy and procedures (form, content, timeliness).
- Completes all necessary information to support transactions
with insurance and managed care companies (written and telephone)
comprehensively and in a timely manner.
- Completes any other required administrative record keeping or
tasks relevant to the functioning of the agency/department/staff
role per policy and procedures, or as assigned by supervisor or
- As plan manager co-ordinates client's treatment with other
providers in and outside the agency and completes all referrals as
needed.Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides clinical leadership role.
- Provides staff supervision when assigned.
- Provide clinical supervision and consultation to case
management teams as assigned.
- Participation in agency/departmental committees as
- Takes responsibility for own professional growth and
development within and outside of the agency. Participates in
individual/group supervision, case conferences and any other
training provided internally that is relevant to one's role and
- Attends administrative, clinical and programmatic staff
- May perform other assignments and duties, as area needs
required.QUALIFICATIONS:Education: APRNExperience: 5 years
experience in adult or child mental health. Community mental health
experience preferred.Licensure/Certification/Registration: CT APRN
or better.Licenses & CertificationsRequiredAPRN
Keywords: CHR, East Hartford , APRN, Other , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!