System Administrator - ONSITE
Company: Pratt & Whitney
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of
flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the
world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within,
we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.Come
ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent takes
flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone.
Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into a
tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your
drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an
industry that's evolving fast to the future.Innovation through
diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of
thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for
inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared
accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach,
hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be
their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and
integrity, are a part of our DNA.At Pratt & Whitney, the difference
you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go
beyond?The Secure Computing Digital Technology team is looking for
a motivated System Administrator to be responsible for the
deployment and maintenance of a wide variety of IT systems. You
will work with a dedicated team of IT architects, system
administrators, and support professionals to deploy and manage
programs that meet the strict requirements of our internal
customers and the United States Government. This position is
primarily on-site in East Hartford, CT and may require
approximately 10% off-shift, on-site work monthly.Location: ONSITE-
East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118Key
- Administration of Linux servers and High- Performance Computing
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting
of Windows Servers with a focus on Active Directory, DNS, DHCP,
Group Policy and PowerShell scripting.
- Administration of VMware vSphere and VMware Horizon.
- Basic Firewall administration.
- Basic Cisco IP Telephony (CUCM).
- Cisco network infrastructure administration.
- Technical support (installation, configuration, maintenance,
upgrade, retirement, troubleshooting).
- Configuration management using frameworks such as Ansible,
Puppet, and Chef.
- Administration of high-speed network storage systems.
- Implementation of DoD STIG Hardening.
- Development, maintenance, and usage of standard work and
- Bachelor's Degree with 2+ years as a System Administrator.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Security+ and technical
- US Citizenship required (due to program requirements).
- Ability to obtain and maintain US security clearance at the
- Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating
- Proficiency scripting in BASH, Python, PowerShell, and other
- Active Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance.
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II Certification - ex. Security+,
- Technical Certification - ex. Linux+, RHCSA.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects.
- Experience with RMF, JSIG, DAAPM, NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP
800-171, CNSSI 1253.
- Familiarity with security hardening guides & tools (DISA
- Experience managing HPC batch scheduling and tools. IBM LSF or
- Experience with InfiniBand high-speed interconnect fabrics.What
is my role type?In addition to transforming the future of flight,
we are also transforming how and where we work. We've introduced
role types to help you understand how you will operate in our
blended work environment. This role is:Onsite: Employees who are
working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes
all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to
the development of our engines.Candidates will learn more about
role type and current site status throughout the recruiting
process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the
assigned site is the employee's personal responsibility.Raytheon
Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Pratt & Whitney, East Hartford , System Administrator - ONSITE, IT / Software / Systems , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!