Senior Engineer, Software Developer (Hybrid)
Company: Pratt & Whitney
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future
of flight-designing, building, and servicing engines unlike any the
world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within,
we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.In
addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also
transforming how and where we work. Pratt & Whitney is laser
focused on offering flexibility to our employees. We've introduced
role types (Onsite, Hybrid, or Remote) and now list them in the job
posting title so candidates know where they will operate in our
blended work environment. * Please consider the following role type
definitions as you apply for this role. Onsite: Employees who are
working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes
all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to
the development of our engines.Hybrid: Employees who are working in
Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite.Remote:
Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily
offsite (from home).Come ready to explore and you'll find a place
where your talent takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a
country, or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment
and we'll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission
personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an
organization and an industry that's evolving fast to the
future.Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just
look up.Are you ready to go beyond?Note: Hybrid and remote roles at
many of our sites are currently working from home because of
COVID-19 protocols. Candidates will learn more about role type and
current site status throughout the recruiting process.Control &
Diagnostic Systems (CDS) is a dynamic engineering organization
focused on the development and certification of military,
commercial and industrial gas turbine engine control, and
diagnostic systems. CDS is responsible for all aspects of Pratt &
Whitney engine control and diagnostic system development including
requirements analysis & definition, system & software architecture,
algorithm design, and product software design, verification &
validation.The CDS organization is seeking a Software Developer
responsible for Offboard Software Systems. Role may be in-person,
remote, or hybrid depending on the specific requirements of the
- Design and develop software solutions in Java that implement
requirements, working closely with Development Team, Customers,
Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts within an Agile
- Review and analyze offboard software requirements.
- Conduct code reviews.
- Develop test plans and conduct tests ensuring full software
verification and validation at all levels, support
- Provide required documentation and regular status updates to
manager and project team leaders.
- Implementation, adherence and continuous improvement of
software development processes and procedures.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (Electrical or Computer Engineering, or
Computer Science) with a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant
experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3
- US Citizenship or US Person required due to government
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to
detail, deadlines, and reporting.
- Desire for continuous learning and innovation.
- Solid track record of achieving results in a technical
- Successful application of agile development methods.
- Outstanding cross discipline communication skills.
- Demonstrated software development execution.
- Proficiency with Java, Python, Continuous Integration &
Continuous Deployment, Agile, DevSecOps, AWS, SQL.
- Knowledge of software engineering processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed to
interface with Development Team, Customers, Stakeholders and
Subject Matter Experts.
- Ability to obtain a US security clearance preferred.
Keywords: Pratt & Whitney, East Hartford , Senior Engineer, Software Developer (Hybrid), IT / Software / Systems , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!