Diesel Mechanic serving CREC
Company: First Student
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: September 18, 2022
First Student is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving CREC! Up to $34.20/hr wages and $3,000 sign-on* bonus!
First things First: Who are we? Twice the size of our next largest
competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation
solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5
million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S.
airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the
industry's strongest safety record, First Student delivers
reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts. Why join
First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- $31 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- Master Technician wages start at $34.70 (Must have: School bus,
Light Truck, or Automotive ASE Master Certification)
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule and consistent,
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program! About the Diesel Mechanic Position As a Diesel
Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and repair
school buses to ensure vehicle readiness & safety while guiding
lower-level technicians. Other major job duties include:
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment
repair, including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, &
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services. Diesel Mechanic
- Valid driver's license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed – We train!
- At least 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic's tool set
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to a drug test. Get your career on the road with First
Student! *conditions apply; offer ends 10/31/2022 We aspire to have
a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and
retain a diverse workforce; therefore, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Student, East Hartford , Diesel Mechanic serving CREC, Hospitality & Tourism , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!