Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Addiction Treatment Medical Staff Office
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Description Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Work where -every moment -matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. - We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network. -
Hartford HealthCare's Behavioral Health Network (HHC BHN), -the largest and most comprehensive behavioral health system in New England, has a new opportunity available for a -Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) -to provide admission physical exams, -psychiatric evaluations and medication management at -The Ridge, a newly created residential addiction treatment facility, located in -Windham, CT.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
Rushford Center, one of Connecticut's leading providers of addiction and mental health services, is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding prevention, treatment and recovery programs. We offer a wide range of programs including Acute Care and Evaluation, Residential Addiction Treatment, Individual, Group & Family Therapy, Intensive Outpatient programs and Community Support Programs. Through the passion of our specialists, we continue to treat every patient with care, compassion and respect, while providing affordable and accessible services.
Practitioners are responsible for providing physical exams, psychiatric evaluations and addiction treatment including: diagnosis; -prescribing; coordination of care, and patient education. Primary responsibilities will be in the inpatient withdrawal management and residential program, but may include Partial Hospital, Outpatient and community settings as determined by the Medical Director. - The practitioners will work closely with the Residential Medical Director, staff psychiatrists, and clinicians in a patient centered multidisciplinary treatment team approach. - The practitioner will hold licensure through the State of CT Department of Public Health and be credentialed through the medical staff of Rushford.
1. - - -Evaluate patients through detailed physical exam, - a full review of psychosocial comprehensive assessments, and development of a detailed medical history.
2. - - -Orders/performs appropriate laboratory diagnostic and other screening tests. - Seeks other information as needed, including consultation with primary care physicians and medical specialists.
3. - - -In collaboration with clinical and nursing staff, develops and implements a treatment plan that involves and includes the patient in active participation in treatment. And revises the plan as indicated.
4. - - -Writes orders for - medications, treatments and other matters pertaining to patients care.
5. - - -Writes progress notes on patient's charts indicating patient status and treatment recommended.
6. - - -Provides education to individuals or groups as appropriate and requested by the Medical Director.
7. - - -Assumes care for physical and psychological needs of patients during examinations and provides emotional support to family members when appropriate.
8. - - -Charts observations, test results and all patient communication in the medical record as directed by Rushford policy and procedure.
9. - - -Ensures accurate maintenance of patient's medical records and that patient records are treated as confidential information.
10. - - - - - -Advises patients on use of various medication including dosage, side effects and composition.
11. - - - - - -Reviews and interprets results of diagnostic studies and tests, consults with supervisory physician when appropriate, incorporates information into plan of care.
12. - - - - - -Determines and discusses diagnosis with patient, documents information on charts including billing codes.
13. - - - - - -Recommends and develops new services and programs.
14. - - - - - -Participates in peer review, chart reviews, staff education, clinical guidelines development, and other continuing education and quality assurance activities to demonstrate compliance with standards.
15. - - - - - -Displays and upholds Rushford core values of dignity, compassion, service excellence, community and integrity. - Consistently demonstrates caring for patients, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie. -
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIREMENTS, AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES -
1. - - -Knowledge of advanced practice of nursing/PA-C including anatomy and physiology, psychosocial/family systems, drug and alcohol addiction, diagnostic testing, interpretation of results and clinical decision making.
2. - - -Knowledge of professional nursing theory/PA-C, practices and regulations related to evaluating and providing patient care, and professional ethics related to the delivery of nursing care.
3. - - -Maintains good relations and fosters effective public relations with patients, medical staff and other departments as well as other hospitals and outside programs and providers that use services.
4. - - -Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards and participates in assigned quality improvement efforts and development of new procedures for patient care.
5. - - -Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in service meetings, and workshops and incorporates information for improving patient care.
6. - - -Attends clinical disposition, supervision, and case review meetings as required.
7. - - -Meets the established quality and productivity measure of the department.
8. - - -Performs all other related duties as assigned.
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse is a certified clinical nurse specialist. The PA holds a National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants certificate and PA-C designation. CPR certification required. The job also requires an active CT DEA/CT Controlled Substance license.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. - Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. - We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. - Every moment matters. - And this is -your moment
Description Job Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, East Hartford , Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Addiction Treatment Medical Staff Office, Healthcare , East Hartford, Connecticut
here to apply!