Advanced Practice Clinician - Riverside Medical Group Urgent Care - Middletown, CT
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: November 19, 2022
As a part of the OptumCare network, Riverside Medical Group is
seeking an Urgent Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to
join our growing team. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare
nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Start doing
your life's best work with the largest care delivery organization
in the world.
- Open 8am- 8pm, 7 days per week
- Providers typically work 12 hour shifts
- Average patient load = 3-4 patients per hour
- Full licensed medical team and support staff
- Responsibilities include:
- Initial interpretation with digital X-Rays
- Incisions and drainage
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it
well, you can't do it alone - this is the foundation of the
team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still
maintaining the culture and community of our local care
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Competitive pay
- CME reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision
- 401k with matching
- Short and long term disability, company paid life
- Company paid malpractice coverage
- Flexible Scheduling
- Upward career growth and professional development
- Supportive and appreciative culture
About Riverside Medical Group: Riverside Medical Group is the
premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson,
Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Burlington, and Camden counties.
We have over 60 locations and 180 board certified medical providers
specializing in Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle,
Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health,
Physical Therapy, Allergy & Immunology, Developmental Health, Pain
Management, Chiropractic and Optometry.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance "Level III- Patient
Centered Medical Home," Riverside is able to provide
patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is
committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Riverside
offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private
practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a
health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in
appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education,
Riverside offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge.
Riverside believes in giving back to their community and the
patients they serve through health fairs, charitable
giving/foundation, and free medical education.
- Current, unrestricted Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
licensure in the state(s) where this job will be performed or be in
process of obtaining
- Master's degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant program
- Certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner through the ANCC/AANP
or certified as a Physician Assistant through the NCCPA
- Unrestricted DEA license (or willing to obtain prior to
- Must be CPR certified (or willing to obtain prior to
- DOT certification (or ability to obtain within the first 60
days of employment)
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients
and members on site, as this is an essential function of this
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this
role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster
doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth
Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as
well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of
vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to
ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential
job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Clinical experience working as a provider in an emergency
medicine or urgent care setting
- Willing and able to assist at other center locations in the
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and
communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate
companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination
status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and
locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as
an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all
federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well
as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the
necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure
compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job
functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet
the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an
employment offer or termination of employment
The OptumCare Story: At OptumCare, we've found that putting
clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives.
Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and
progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 14
million people through more than 38,000 aligned physicians and
9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working
in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within
care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and
driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more
about our journey at .
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality
care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut
residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors
including but not limited to education, work experience,
certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group
offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package,
incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k
contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility
requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with
UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass
a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, East Hartford , Advanced Practice Clinician - Riverside Medical Group Urgent Care - Middletown, CT, Healthcare , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!