Counselor (LCSW, LPC, LMFT, LADC) - Quinnipiac Behavioral Health
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: November 16, 2022
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 36
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Mon-Fri
Work whereevery moment -matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticuts most
comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical
practices in New England with multiple locations throughout
Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals
ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and
everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an
excellent reputation with patients and the medical community,
offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different
specialties.Job Summary:Provide individual and group mental health
counseling and crisis intervention in a fast paced and dynamic
health and wellness center in a college or university setting. -The
counselor will establish and maintain collaborative relationships
with diverse campus constituencies including students,
administration, faculty and staff. -Assumes a caseload and performs
behavioral health, and/or substance use services, and/or crisis
intervention services independently.Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain caseload of patients and facilitate groups as
- Coordinate patient care including referrals and collaboration
with other treatment providers.
- Collaborate with campus partners to provide crisis
intervention, counseling and consultation.
- Manage triage and crisis intervention for students and
community as appropriate.
- Participate in clinical rounds, interdisciplinary meetings and
training programs with Health and Wellness staff.
- Prepares appropriate clinical documentation to meet regulatory
requirements of licensing as well as internal policies.
- Assesses and plans care by evaluating the psychiatric and
psychosocial needs of the client; organizes and prioritizes care
and treatment and advocates appropriate resources for the
- Participates in administrative activities including team
meetings as well as initiating and participating in outreach
activities to educate faculty, students and the community about
mental health. Assumes responsibility for self-improvement by
identifying, communicating and seeking resources to meet own
- Must perform on-call duties and participate in the on-call
rotation schedule, as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required or
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or Related Field
- Three years' experience providing direct mental health
counseling services. -
- Previous experience in assessment and diagnosis and
individual/group therapy and crisis intervention.
- 1-2 years counseling experience in a college/university
settingLicensure, Certification, Registration:
- Active CT License in Social Work, Professional Counseling,
Alcohol & Drug Counselor, or Marital & Family TherapyWe take great
care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this isyour moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, East Hartford , Counselor (LCSW, LPC, LMFT, LADC) - Quinnipiac Behavioral Health, Healthcare , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!