RN Hospice Nurse - WEEKEND ON CALL
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: September 22, 2022
RN Hospice Nurse - Weekend ON CALLMasonicare Home Health &
Hospice - East Hartford, CT Service Area40hrs/wk - Salaried
PositionFriday 5pm - Monday 8am
This role includes remote phone triage and vists in the field, both
scheduled and as necessary.The RN Hospice Nurse Weekend OnCall
ensures quality and safe delivery of hospice nursing services and
home health services rendered during non-traditional work hours.
Coordinates provision of home health care services that reflect
agency philosophy and standards of home health and nursing care of
assigned clients. Ensures quality and safe delivery of specialty
nursing care services during the evening, overnight and weekend
hours of operation.ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements the coordinated plan of care of adult, geriatric,
pediatric, and neonatal clients served by the hospice and
palliative care teams. Provides assessment of patient care needs
when necessary during non-traditional work hours. May identify when
other members of the interdisciplinary team are needed to provide
support during these hours..
- Triage calls and speak with patients and families to meet
needs, i.e. medication adjustments, supply needs, implementation of
changes in POC.
- Make home visits as necessary to meet any acute care needs to
assess and intervene for changes in patients. These visits may
happen during the overnight hours or on the weekends.
- Demonstrates timely and accurate computer documentation of
patient/job information to facilitate the development of the OASIS
data set, orders for service, creation of time sheets and other
required patient/employment documents and reports.
- Maintain rapport with physicians to obtain order changes as
necessary to provide patient comfort.
- Home care cases will require RN pronouncement at time of death
including notification of funeral home, hospice team, attending MD
and additional family members as needed.
- Provides education, supervision and counseling to the client
and family regarding home nursing procedures and other care needs
as appropriate to client's needs. Utilizes agency educational
material as appropriate. Assures that adult, geriatric, pediatric,
and neonatal client and significant others are involved in the
development of the plan of care whenever possible.
- Makes recommendations and updates interdisciplinary team based
on findings of home visits and calls received. Provides report to
the branch regarding any changes in patient care or to report any
expirations occurring during on call time.
- Communicates effectively with members of hospice IDT to promote
team-centered approach to adult, geriatric, pediatric, and neonatal
- Performs other duties as assigned.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current Connecticut Registered Nurse License; and
- At least two (2) years recent experience in the delivery of
hospice nursing services.
- Maintains current Drivers' License and auto insurance.
- Possess reliable transportation
COMPENSATION: Masonicare has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range relative to your
experience. The pay range for this position is: $38 - $50 /
Keywords: MASONICARE, East Hartford , RN Hospice Nurse - WEEKEND ON CALL, Healthcare , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!