Ultrasound Technologist - Radiology Ultrasound
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: May 11, 2022
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Standard Hours: 32
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Rotating weekends, rotating on-call
Work whereevery moment -matters.Every day, over 30,000 Hartford
HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride
in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. - We invite you
to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare
network. -Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute
care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that
serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents
of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. - -CHH offers
personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and
physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical
partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient
environment.POSITION SUMMARY/PURPOSEPerforms radiologic Ultrasound
exams for diagnostic purposes according to the Department of
Radiology's philosophy, goals, policies and proceduresESSENTIAL
- Operates or oversees operation of ultrasound imaging equipment
to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
- Positions patients and imaging equipment; adjusting technical
factors according to specification of examination. Operates
ultrasound equipment to produce the most reliable and informational
- Responsible for ensuring that accurate database of clinical and
financial information is maintained in the Radiology Information
- Transports patients to the ultrasound procedure room. Explains
procedures and observes patients to ensure safety and comfort
- Reviews and evaluates computer generated information for
- Uses appropriate safety procedures for handling, storage and
disposal of biohazardous, infectious, radioactive and toxic
- Assists physicians as required
- Perform other related duties as required
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIREMENTS, AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Explains procedures to patients.
- Maintains records of examination data and other pertinent
information on patients.
- Maintains a log of all patients tested and enters charge or
credit into computer,
- Enhances professional growth and development through
participation in educational programs, current literature,
inservice meetings, and workshops.
- Assists in developing and maintaining department records and
reports, and collecting statistical data.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Assists in maintaining all regulatory requirements, including
collecting and submitting data for accreditation.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs related receptionist and clerical functions as
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Graduate of accredited Ultrasound Program required
- Minimum 6 months experience in Ultrasound required, hospital
- Licensure, Certification, Registration
- RDMS or RT(U)
- Working knowledge of computers, PACS, digital technology & RIS
- Knowledge of ultrasound principles and practices sufficient to
be able to perform a wide range of duties relative to work
assignmentWe take great care of careers.With locations around the
state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career
development and growth. - Here, you are part of an organization on
the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough
treatments and community education to countless men, women and
children. - We know that a thriving organization starts with
thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program
designed to ensure work/life balance. - Every moment matters. - And
this is -your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, East Hartford , Ultrasound Technologist - Radiology Ultrasound, Healthcare , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!