Water Treatment and Waste Management Operator
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: January 27, 2023
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118
Position Role Type:
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of
flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the
world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within,
we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent
takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort
zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into
a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your
drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an
industry that's evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we
believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a
foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we
accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize,
sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our
employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust,
respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every
day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney's Operations Facilities & Services Organization is
seeking a qualified professional to manage and oversee the
successful regulatory compliance execution of waste water treatment
and waste management operations at the East Hartford site.
Facilities & Services provides integral support in the production
of our commercial and military engines.
* Operation and Maintenance of water treatment systems and site
waste management operations.
* Execute management systems and mistake proofing to ensure 100%
compliance/Zero Escapes operation and full execution of regulatory
* Provide critical internal system monitoring execution, system
critique, and resolution of undesirable performance trends to
demonstrate control & capability via process certification.
* Identify and systematically eliminate all failure modes for each
process step to ensure mistakes are not passed forward.
* Continuous development to ensure that you are technically capable
and sustain performance at the highest level.
* Execute timely maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment &
systems to provide fully functioning redundancy, and full system
operation and performance.
* Verify execution of work packages/tasks, detailed standard work &
work step instructions, and proactively resolve & eliminate
* Maintain material & critical spares inventories - eliminating and
* Execute RCRA Hazardous Waste and Solid Waste management systems
to comply with all regulatory & company requirements.
* Execute and lead waste management services so that accurate waste
determination information is maintained and correctly aligns with
all waste generation, storage, disposal, recycling, transportation,
& recordkeeping requirements.
* Support site waste generation goals by identifying legitimate
recycling outlets and successfully recycling industrial wastes.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of 2-5 years' experience in waste management, wastewater
treatment and/or environmental services
* US Citizenship required due to government contracts
* Wastewater Certification
* Associates or bachelor's degree with focus on the following
disciplines; Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering,
Environmental Science/Engineering, Wastewater Treatment, Industrial
Engineering, or related technical field.
* Technical expertise in environmental regulations & compliance
arenas: The Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA), Clean Water Act
(CWA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Department of
* Knowledge of Aerospace processes associated with forgings,
castings, composites, wet chemistry, machining, metal finishing,
* Knowledge of inspection methods, process control/certification,
Lean or Six Sigma tools, ACE operating system, or Continuous
* Analytical & management skills to understand, anticipate, and
control all failure modes.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also
transforming how and where we work. We've introduced role types to
help you understand how you will operate in our blended work
environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work
primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance
workers, as they are essential to the development of our
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status
throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles,
commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee's personal
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, East Hartford , Water Treatment and Waste Management Operator, Executive , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!