Company: Eastern Connecticut Health Network
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: November 26, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: The Practice Manager oversees one or more
medical practice offices enabling the practice to carry out its
daily work and patient care effectively and efficiently.
Responsible for financial oversight, scheduling and assigning work,
resolving problems, collecting data, implementing goals and
carrying an assigned workload or filling in as necessary.
Identifies problems and recommends solutions. This position
requires excellent communication/interpersonal skills to establish
and maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families,
providers, vendors and staff. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION:
- Associates Degree in Business Management or Healthcare
Administration and 7-10 years medical office experience or
equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 7-10 years experience in a physician practice with at least 5
years in a management/supervisory role.
- Employee relation experience preferred
- PCMH experience preferred COMPETENCIES:
- Proven working knowledge of medical practice management and
- Ability to compile data from various sources and to analyze and
interpret the data in order to provide alternatives and make
- Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word,
Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to manage projects
from initiation to completion within prescribed schedules and
utilization of resources.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
in stressful situations. Utilizes critical thinking skills sound
judgment in priority setting and delegation.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills and resolution and
follow-through on issues that may arise. ESSENTIAL DUTIES and
- Models the efficient operation of the office by scheduling and
assigning work, resolving processing problems, collecting data to
monitor progress, and carrying an assigned workload or filling in
- Implements and monitors departmental goals and objectives for
- Provide financial oversight to the office including monthly POC
meetings with senior management and providers.
- Analyze needs and develops recommendations in order to align
with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Ensures that all staff members communicate and interact with
patients in a courteous, respectful, and businesslike manner.
- Holds staff accountable for customer service standards;
intercedes and takes appropriate action when incidents occur.
- Implements individual performance expectations and completes
all aspects of employee performance appraisals and reviews.
- Interviews candidates and makes hiring decisions. Orients new
hires and provides on-going training and education to staff,
utilizing in-house documented office and clinical policies and
- Handles employee performance and disciplinary issues, including
- Coaches and mentors employees to be successful in contributing
to the achievement of individual and office objectives.
- Maintain and adjust staff schedules to compliment practice
provider schedules. Processes time worked/attendance for office
staff. Manages and coordinates vacation and personal time off to
ensure minimum disruption of practice operations.
- Maintains effective, positive customer service relationships by
responding to customer needs, resolving conflicts, and educating
employees on customer service.
- Effectively and continually communicates with the staff,
management, and customers to facilitate the flow of information
necessary to the success of the employees and the office.
- Promotes teamwork within the practice through timely and
collaborative communication with medical staff.
- Actively seeks opportunities to model teamwork through
collaboration both within and outside the office in support of the
- Conducts monthly staff meetings to discuss issues, concerns,
improvement initiatives, and promote teamwork.
- Conducts quarterly provider and clinical staff meetings to
improve patient care.
- Oversees building and equipment maintenance, maintains
- May assist with oversight of other offices when necessary.
Keywords: Eastern Connecticut Health Network, East Hartford , Practice Manager, Executive , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!