Company: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Job Summary: The Quality Manager role is a departmental leader
that will bring industry best practices for inspection methods,
quality documentation, and development of AS9100/ISO9000 systems to
direct the people and processes that support the contract
manufacturing of customer designed components.Areas of
- Direct quality engineers to support internal non-conformances,
supplier quality non-conformances, customer escapes, and customer
facing technical support.
- Manage daily inspection priorities to support operations.
Balance assignments between first-piece inspection, in-process
inspection, final inspection, first-article inspection, receiving
inspection, and Designated Quality Representative (DQR)
over-inspection. Schedule third-party source inspection as
- Interpret customer/industry drawings, specifications, and
requirements. Ensure compliance is captured in contract review,
manufacturing operational sheet approval, process change requests,
inspection method sheets, first article reports, PPAP workbooks and
other associated quality assurance documentation.
- Develop, implement, and train on policies, processes and
procedures pertaining documentation management, measurement, and
monitoring of a quality management system.
- Develop and implement standard work for key daily quality
activities such as CAPA, RCCA, NCMR/DMR, and RMA processing within
the manufacturing software (EPICOR).
- Lead and maintain compliance for internal, customer, supplier,
and third-party auditing for product and processes. Maintain data,
metrics, and scorecards for findings and performance.
- Onboard new hires, train, and cross-train team members to
balance workloads and ensure progressive growth in staff. Maintain
skills matrix and performance management tools for staff.
- Serve as the team's subject matter expert, provide leadership
to technical decision making, and serves as departmental approval
for peer-reviewed work, policy deployment, or judgment calls.
- B.S. degree in engineering or similar technical
- 7 to 10 years' experience with applying quality processes and
procedures in an AS9100 aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Past supervisory experience highly desirable. Experience with
indirect managing of individuals and tams will be considered.
- Experience with compliance to Raytheon Technologies (Collins
Aerospace/Pratt & Whitney Aircraft), GE Aviation, and aerospace OEM
customers specifications, drawings, contracts, flow-downs, and
other requirements including these use of customer portals.
- Understanding of part qualification processes such as PPAP
(Production Part Approval Process), APQP (Advance Product Quality
Planning) and FAI (First Article Inspection) reports.
- Familiar with Flight Safety and other critical component frozen
processes management such as ESA, VSE, SPS.
- Strong acumen for inspection measuring methods, gage/equipment
selection, calibration, gage control, measure system analysis
(MSA), and statistical process control (SPC).
- Experience leading compliance through internal/external
auditing, management reviews, and the development of the tools,
processes, and metrics for measuring compliance.
- Familiarity with export controls requirements including DFAR
- Experience building out an enterprise resources planning (ERP)
and/or eQMS software to manage daily quality activities such as
CAPA, NCMR, RMA, DMR, training records, audit records, scorecard,
and other standard work.
- Familiar with EPCIOR a plus
Keywords: Horst Engineering & Mfg Co, East Hartford , Quality Manager, Executive , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!