Accounts Payable Manager
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: January 11, 2022
DescriptionNEFCO is a construction supply company. We provide
support to our contractors by serving as the channel that unites
them with the construction products that they need. When it comes
to the contractor, we are always there when they need us. We never
stop working for them. When they build, we build together.
As the Accounts Payable Manager, you will work closely with the
Controller and be responsible for ensuring all payments are on time
and reflect all appropriate discounts. You will work closely with
suppliers and internal departments to ensure all item receipts are
reconciled to invoices and purchase orders. Vendor record
maintenance responsibilities will be shared and coordinated with
the purchasing department. You will be managing accounting
functions, including maintenance of General Ledger Accounts that AP
transactions will hit. Part of your daily duties will consist of
developing, implementing, and maintaining systems, procedures, and
policies (including AP functions) to ensure adherence to company
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage the personnel in the accounts payable group (3) by
setting goals and expectations for each position.
- Execute high volume weekly check runs -200-250 Checks and
-75-100 ACH/Wire Payments.
- Identify automation and other improvement opportunities and
pursue them aggressively.
- Manage vendor relationships, reconciling account activity,
timely processing of invoices, payment batches, and responding to
- Work alongside the Controller to develop, improve, and maintain
internal controls and revise procedures to meet compliance and
regulatory standards, as necessary.
- Increase and maximize discount utilization.
- Monitor AP processes and procedures that drive efficiencies,
ease of use, scalability, integration with financial systems,
end-to-end transparency, and an excellent user experience.
- Lead initiatives to negotiate pricing with expense
- Prepare/review month-end close process, including monthly
accruals, account analysis, reconciliations, and various audit
- Properly maintain prepaids, fixed assets, and vendor accrual
- Responsible for annual reporting requirements such as 1099s and
schedules for annual bank audits.
- Produce and maintain Accounts Payable procedures and
- 5+ years progressive Accounts Payable experience, 1-2 years in
a management role.
- Accounting or Finance degree preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. pivot tables,
v-lookups), Word, Outlook.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and organization
- Outstanding follow-through skills, analytical interest, and
ability to exercise good judgement, learn quickly in a dynamic and
time sensitive environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent accounting software user and administration
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills; Continuously
identifying opportunities for process improvement.
Keywords: NEFCO, East Hartford , Accounts Payable Manager, Executive , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!