Network Design Engineer (Technical Team Network Management)
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: May 16, 2020
We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds
high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change
the world. Enhancing people's lives through secure, reliable
advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to
learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems
with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a
global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers
successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving
our clients' successes while giving back to communities and making
a positive impact on enhancing the quality of life to help make
this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our
success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and
breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives.
Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: Unisys,
Stealth , CloudForte , Intelliserve
What success looks like in this role:
* Provides tier 3 support and assists with project implementation
within the networking environment.
* Successful provisioning as well as supervision of,
installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems
hardware, software, and related infrastructure. This also includes
the installation of new systems, rebuilding existing systems,
configuration of hardware, peripherals, services, settings,
directories, storage, etc. in accordance with customer/ government
* Configuration management of Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area
Networks (WANs), network segments, and Internet and Intranet
systems to ensure operability. Installation and maintenance,
network hardware and software, analyze problems, and monitor
networks to ensure their availability to users.
* Maintains, monitors and troubleshoots within the roles of
Incident Management (Return-to-Service) and/or Problem Management
(Reason for Outage).
* Evaluates a system's performance and identifies user needs based
on approved software per customer specifications.
* Supports acquisition of hardware and software as well as
subcontractor services as needed.
* Works independently on specific projects or may act as lead or
Project Manager or a technical consultant where experience and
knowledge span multiple projects.
* Ensures all design decisions are evaluated analytically and in a
systematic manner in accordance with approved technical approaches,
processes and procedures.
* May provide supervision and guidance for one or more team members
including task and work product deliverables.
* Works closely with network operations, systems and other groups
on business projects, assignments, problems, etc.
* Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their
development to a final product or solution.
* Ensures user environments are configured per requirements or
* Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain
desired outputs, whether solutions or products, which may include
baseline performance (SLA's, etc.), Incident management and Problem
* Ensures proper documentation for the corporate knowledgebase,
including design, procedural and lessons learned. This also
includes maintaining and updating existing documentation.
* Monitors the Network and System Enterprise with provided tools to
ensure the health of the critical client solutions.
* Maintains on-call availability to respond to network issues and
up-time; must be flexible and available with the scheduling.
* Contributes to technical artifacts through team/program
SharePoint and/or communities of practice.
* Staffs projects and maintain the resource plan.
* Assigns and reviews tasks, provides mentoring, manages
performance feedback, training and professional development
opportunities to help individuals reach their full potential.
* Manages the performance of internal and external service
providers in order to ensure the implementation of deliverables and
resulting client satisfaction. Interfaces with sub-contractors.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
* University degree or equivalent education and experience.
* Minimum of 10 years domain experience.
* Expert knowledge in evaluating vendor products and making
recommendations to purchase hardware and software.
* Knowledgeable in setting up administrator and service
* Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and
* Ability to troubleshoot software issues and customer applications
as required .
* Has achieved industry standard certifications, e.g.: Security+,
CCNP, CCNA, Network+, MCSA.
* Excellent documentation skills are required.
Keywords: Unisys, East Hartford , Network Design Engineer (Technical Team Network Management), Executive , East Hartford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!